All reviews hot tub room was clean indoor pool enjoyed our stay little things mini vacation extra towels atlantic avenue off season seahawks motel balcony pillows desk vb
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

This place was the worst hotel I have ever been to the air condition was broke and gurtrude at the front desk with her shakes was very rude and unknowable. The facility was covered in flea infestation. There is one elevator that was last inspected June 89 . The pool smelt of urine and the hot tub was filthy and filled with pubes. Had to remover the vents to air conditioning because of the cat urine stench. Good thing I brought my tool belt . The bed was covered with what looked to be orange bronzer foundation. The one pop machine they did have was riddled with bird feces. And was very empty. The bathroom at 5’4 would not fit my 6”1 self. And the shower curtain was caressing my body and was hard to wash. There was bugs on the wall dirrrtttyyy .... my friend recommended the place but she was there about 25 years earlier plus she’s a blonde .do not stay everyone is rude dirty and crusty there was feces spread umungst the walls

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Cody M
Reviewed 25 March 2018

The Seahawk was excellent value as an off-season hotel. The rooms were clean, and had the advantage (for a writer) of having a desk and a table. Excellent ocean view. The showers were very good. Toilet occasionally stuck. The microwave and fridge were also in very good shape.

My only real quibble was beyond the hotel's control. My first night featured a very rowdy group of occupants in an all-night party. That is, literally, all night. They were still at it when I awoke at 7:30 am.

I recommend this at the price. Families will also like the indoor pool.

Room Tip: All rooms have ocean view.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Richard B
Reviewed 7 September 2017

My Best friend an I took a mini vacation Sept 4-6th. I had stayed her a few times before and knew it was a great place. The front desk lady Miss Deborah was warm and friendly such a sweet lady that greeted us and explained all the wonderful amenities. Check in was quick. Room was very clean as the hallways as well! Note they were enclosed by windows which was great for blowing wind and rain with still a great view of the front street The mattresses were very comfortable with plenty of pillows for each bed which is something you don't se much of. The swimming pool was perfect tempetures and very clean as the hot tub as well. Housekeeping was very friendly as well! I cannot say enough good things about this motel. Close to restraunts and gift shops. They even had a privacy sliding vinyl door. 5 stars from me hands down!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

This place is OK. The room was fairly clean for an economy beach motel. Its an older place that has been a bit updated, but not very well. It did have a nice TV. The bathroom was tiny, with no exhaust fan. The elevator is really slow! The pool is very nice, my kids loved it. Theguy that cleans is great! Very friendly, very helpful, gives extra towels, etc as needed. The front desk staff wasn't friendly at all. I didnt feel welcomed, and it gave me a bad vibe from the start of our trip. I dont think we will stay here again. It is a nice location though.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Bwplcm
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

My experience at the Seahawk was very good. Prior to leaving, my expectations were lowered from reading the reviews on this & other boards/sites. But I was very pleasantly surprised. Our room was clean & had been modernized. Were the bath fixtures gold plated? No. It's easily a 40-50 y.o. hotel & it reflects both the architecture & building esthetics of the time (i.e., not a hi-rise, smaller room size, exterior corridors & elevator). While I don't go to the beach to stay in my hotel room, like anyone, I want my hotel room to be welcoming, comfortable & COLD at the end of my day on the beach. It was.

My daughter stayed in a new hotel 2 doors up from the Seahawk. Beautiful hotel! But, they could not adjust their room climate control, so it hovered around 75°; & while located inside the lobby, their elevator was also quite slow. Old hotels don't corner the market on negative aspects. A lot has to do w/ your perspective on things. I think for the money - it is one of the least expensive hotels on the boardwalk with guaranteed ocean view - it is worth considering. I would recommend a stay here & may choose to do so again, myself.

Also, unlike others who have reviewed this hotel, I saw no bugs, no errant hairs or whiskers in the bathroom. There was some rust on the bath drain, if that bugs you - don't travel. Overall, I thought the room was quite clean. The pool looked clean & inviting, but we didnt use it. The room had 2 (firm) double beds, mini fridge (worked fine), small microwave (dorm size), iron/board & wall safe. While I gave this a mid-range score, if using the ol' school house method, I'd give the Seahawk a solid "B" grade.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family