1,670 results
All reviews front desk the main hotel oceanfront room indoor pool free breakfast ocean view hot breakfast beach front beds were comfortable yogurt hotel restaurant off season nice stay balcony boardwalk bw patrick
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Front desk service was great. The restaurant on site, Shoreline grill was horrible. Food tasted nasty and wasn't prepared good at all. Staff was rude and didn't have a care in the would. Dont waist your money.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Dan F
bwvabeach, General Manager at Best Western Plus Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with everyone, Dan. Feedback such as this is vital to our growth and we appreciate you sharing it with us. We're very sorry you didn't have the perfect stay you expected, as that is what we want our guests to have. Please be assured that we're going to discuss your comments with our staff to ensure future guests don't have the same experience. Despite all that occurred, we hope you enjoyed your visit to the lovely Virginia Beach area.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

my mom and I stayed in late February.. We always stay on the highest floor 8th) if possible.. they were putting in new carpeting which looks great.. The ocean view is superb love the size fridge and microwave.. A value for the money.. The heated indoor pool is a nice size and love that they have a restaurant that overlooks the boardwalk..
The free breakfast is a really good one--very hearty with eggs, bacon or sausage.i've had boiled eggs as well on occasion, 2 waffle makers with prepoured batter.. Cereals oatmeal, fresh fruit, yogurt and nuts-- bagels toast pancakes sometimes--something to suit everyone's taste.. once they had country fried steak during our stay. with gravy.Yum!.--A big thank you to chef Sterling for making sure I had bacon (he knows it's my favorite) before it was depleted or he made a new batch.. Shelby gave me fresh pancakes because mine had gotten cold as I was talking with fellow traveler.. That attentive staff is a real magnet for me choosing this hotel.. Evonne as well as a hostess never forgets a face and catching up with her "regulars" and making sure all is replenished and you know where everything is that you need..
Jonathan and Robyn at the desk process my best western travel cards effortlessly and make sure I'm taking advantage of them... Debbie at the front desk told me about a landmark restaurant (Pollards) which does great southern fried chicken..love their okra too and sweet potato fries.. she printed out the directions without batting an eye..Kim and sarah also were giving me options on other places of interest or directions. Hope I didn't leave anyone out).. These folks have a mission and its for you to RELAX and let them take care of you when you are their guest..This is my go-to place 5 or some times a year...!!

Room Tip: I love the highest floor and themore modern side of the hotel.. and away from an elevator closer to an end
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
bwvabeach, General Manager at Best Western Plus Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you for such a glowing testimonial, Melinda and for being our loyal guest every time you’re in the area. (although we believe you meant to give us a 5 star instead of 1 ) It was our pleasure to provide you with superior service and we will be sure to pass along your kind words to all the staff members that your referenced. Your choice of a room on the 8th floor no doubt offered you a stunning view of the sparkling ocean and colorful sunrise. Hopefully, you spent plenty of time dolphin watching from your own private balcony. Do come back again and have a relaxing swim in our heated indoor swimming pool as you wind down in the evening.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Debbie and the entire staff were fantastic from start to finish! Room gave us a look at the finish chute! Great location to the race! We already booked our room for next year! Thanks Debbie and staff!

Room Tip: Great Shamrock Marathon Hotel! See you next year!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for your perfect review score and for choosing Best Western Plus for your home base during the Shamrock Marathon. It's our pleasure to provide you with superior service from our hardworking staff and we'll be sure to pass your kind words along to Debbie and the rest of our team. We're looking forward to your visit again next year when you can once again view the finish line from our hotel, along with our stunning oceanfront views.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Million dollar view for very inexpensive. Check in staff was exceptional. The lady bartender with long blonde hair was just the friendliest, informative nice gal. She gave me some great options to go eat close by and told me where to go shopping and history of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. Very nice gal, great at her job! my only complaint of this location would be to put extra blankets in the room. I had to crank my heater and the sheets and paper thin blanket just wasn't enough on a very cold night of 35 degrees.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
bwvabeach, General Manager at Best Western Plus Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Thank you for staying with us, Shawna, and for your kind words about our hotel and gracious and friendly staff. It makes us so happy that they were able to help you make the most out of your visit to our central oceanfront location which puts you in the heart of all the Virginia Beach action. Come back again soon and rent some bikes so you can explore all three miles of the activity-filled Virginia Beach boardwalk.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

My family and I were in Virginia Beach visiting family. Our rooms were up to date and had beautiful ocean views. Ashley greeted us at breakfast and made sure we had everything we needed. The entire team was warm and welcoming!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your perfect review score and for staying at our oceanfront hotel in Virginia Beach, Lynn. It was our pleasure to provide you with a comfortable, scenic place to rest. We're so happy you enjoyed your delicious morning meal at our complimentary hot breakfast buffet and will be sure to pass your compliments along to Ashley and the rest of our hardworking staff. Come back and see us again in the summer when our sunny outdoor pool and ice cream shop are open. We're the perfect summer family destination!