“Wonderful place and I will be Back” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of 19 Atlantic Hotel

19 Atlantic Hotel
Ranked #60 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wonderful place and I will be Back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2011

I booked this hotel online via Priceline and
my only problem was that the hotel has interior and exterior rooms,
Since i booked via auction site -- there ws no posibility for Me to BID for a ROOM with WINDOWS on Atlantic avenue and it was but that horrible - the room was well perfumed, very very clean and acurately plished. The bedding on the bed ws all IRONED what I only exprienced in MARRIOTT 4 star hotel or WESTIN 4 star hotel or SOFITEL.
most of even 3 1/2 hotels do not iron their beddings and it is such a DIFFERENCE,
I do appreciate it.
the Showers are Large and LOFTY. it is LOFTY like i nALOFT hotel.
*by westin)
with collectibles showers accessories.
There is Free Internet,
COX channel network,
and not large in size refrigerator and micro oven with coffe maker.

There is a Parking place, and staff of the hotel is very very nice and very freindly.
There is also a ROOF patio like in New Orleans -- with a view over Atlantic ave. -- and where one can also sun bath -with a view on the Hotels and Ocean.
thank you!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
19atlantic, General Manager at 19 Atlantic Hotel, responded to this review, 20 September 2011
Thank you for your review and comments. I am pleased your stay was comfortable and accommodating. I hope you choose the 19 Atlantic Hotel for your future trips to Virginia Beach.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2011

Nothing to say against this hotel. We went 3 times since 2009 at this hotel and we are probably going here again next year. Very good location. Near from many attractions. Very good price and good staff. There is the place to be! We got a very nice experience at this hotel! I suggest this hotel to everyone who want.to go in Virginia beach.

• Stayed August 2011
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review and we look forward to having you back.
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel in mid July to celebrate our anniversary. We had some questions and concerns about location and room size, as well as a few other issues that were mentioned on other reviews on TripAdvisor. We called and spoke to Santiago and we were very pleased. First impressions are everything and it definitely showed; he was very polite and very informative and long story short, we set up our reservations during that same phone call.

The hotel is situated right off of the thruway (264) and was very easy to find. By the time we had arrived, the parking lot was full (as it is a bit small), so we called the front desk. The girls working the desk were super friendly and told us to park in front of the building (the entrance to the hotel is on 19th St). They gave us a temporary parking pass while we checked in, and gave us a parking pass, and a map guiding us to the second parking lot. Some people seem to make a big deal about it, but it isn't a far walk, about two blocks (the corner of 19th and Arctic Ave).

The hallways are a bit narrow, but not confusing (they basically form a loop). The room was smaller than most rooms I've stayed in, definitely intended for a couple. but it was very clean and looked to be recently renovated. The bed was comfy, the A/C worked quite well, and there was a mini fridge and microwave in the room. There was a nice flat screen TV and there was a nice view from the window, though it is my understanding that there are windowless rooms, so be sure to ask during reservations.

The hotel is right on the strip, in an excellent location. There's a tunnel directly across the street that takes you right to the boardwalk and the beach, which is a huge plus. There's a lot of entertainment happening on the strip, that goes late, which can be disruptive to any early sleepers, but that's to be expected and is inescapable regardless of where you stay on the strip. The rooftop patio is very nice, and spacious. There's a partial view of the beach, but it's fun to simply sit up there at night and see all of the lights.

All in all, checkout was very easy and the staff was warm and altruistic. Although the room was a bit small, it's an excellent place to rest your head while enjoying all that VA Beach has to offer. We will return, and we highly recommend for a couples' getaway.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to call and ask questions.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review and we appreciate your comments. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We have a great spot situated across the street from the beach with a view of the main street, Atlantic Avenue. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for Labor Day weekend, and it was an okay hotel. I had to speak to room service twice to clean the toilet, and when I arrived from my long 9 hour drive I had to wait at least 30 mins to check in. The parking was the worse, not to mention the tiny parking lot, with limited parking. In any case for the price it was an okay hotel, not one of my top picks. I had a wonderful time and Lisa at the front desk was great, she gave me directions printed to any location in which I asked.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room with a window facing the ocean.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the review. We do guarantee to all guests a check-in time of 4:00pm. We do not guarantee early check-ins’, however in the event a guest arrives early, if their room is ready we do allow an early check-in.

I’m pleased to hear our staff member was tentative and provided all information necessary to make this guests’ stay accommodating.
Waynesboro, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

I will stay here again and again. It is right across the road from the beach. The hotel was very modern and always clean. The staff was very helpful. The beds were so comfortable, I didn't want to get out of them. The bath and body works toiletries were an added bonus. Quiet hotel. Parking right outside (but this lot is small). Owner very friendly and accomodating. Can't wait to go back and stay here. I highly, highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Standard=window Int=no window
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
19atlantic, General Manager at 19 Atlantic Hotel, responded to this review, 31 August 2011
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you back.