Econo Lodge Oceanfront
Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 130
US$ 103
Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 229
US$ 200
  • Beachfront
US$ 128
US$ 125
Oceanaire Resort Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 271
US$ 232
US$ 193
US$ 245
US$ 215
Best Western Plus Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 122
US$ 105
Ocean Beach Club(Virginia Beach)
US$ 189
US$ 145
  • Pool
Comfort Suites Beachfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 133
All reviewsroom was cleanoff seasonyogurtneptune festivalbit datedthis past weekendacross the streetindoor poolwould definitely stay here againwe've stayedview of the oceanmicrowavevbhousekeepinghousekeeper
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 November 2017

We had another wonderful week in Virginia Beach. The hotel was clean and comfortable, the staff was fantastic! Very knowledgeable, gave us all the scheduling on the Neptune Festival which was great because they do close some of the streets for the parades and such. We had fun shopping and eating at the Neptune Festival on the Beach.

Room Tip: I like upper floors myself
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Guest_Relations_2018, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Dear GMtweety,

I'm glad to know you had a blissful time with us. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to recognize our staff for their exemplary work in providing a clean and comfortable experience for our valued guests. We are so glad that your stay was enjoyable and we hope that your next visit will be another five star experience.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Location is perfect! Out our door and on the beach, you couldn't ask for a more perfect set up! The staff was so helpful, always willing to lend a hand. Rooms were clean (which I am very fussy about). AGM was super helping me out when I realized I left my ID in NY. Which by the way it turned up in the dryer at home, I have still have no Idea how it got there. We were there during the Neptune Festival, what a great time!! We will definitely see you all next September. Thank you for taking such great care of us!!

Room Tip: Can't pick a bad one there are all Ocenfront
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Guest_Relations_2018, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2017

Kim S,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you enjoyed your stay of Econo Lodge Oceanfront Hotel. I am so glad that you found our hotel to be clean and convenient and that you enjoyed the five star accommodations and hospitality that we strive to show to each guest, during every stay. We're glad you had a great time with us and we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

Somehow I booked Econo Lodge Oceanfront instead on Econo Lodge on the Ocean. When I realized my mistake, I was concerned as one is rated better than the other. I explained my mistake to my wife and the fact that I could not change the reservation due to the pay now and save deal. After reading some more reviews, it seems as if the (oceanfront) has been improving over the last year. Check-in was easy, and after parking the car went to our room, #705. The room was clean and we had a great view of the boardwalk and ocean. The location can't be beat as you are right in the middle of the boardwalk. We went for a run every morning and a walk every evening. The shower had great water pressure, but the drain could not keep up and you ending up standing in 4 inches of water by the time the shower was over. Only real complaint is the breakfast is very basic; danishes, waffles or pancakes, oatmeal, cereal or yogurt. Maybe add some hard boiled eggs and fresh fruit. All in all, pleased with our stay.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Guest_Relations_2018, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

scottmpd28,

Thank you for sharing this fantastic review of Econo Lodge Oceanfront Hotel. It is very rewarding to hear from you on this matter and we appreciate that you have
acknowledged our efforts to provide a clean, comfortable, and hospitable experience. We also appreciate your ideas for improving on our breakfast, and we look forward to serving
you again!

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

This is an older hotel that has been well maintained. We were greeted warmly by Andrew who should give other staff lessons n customer service. He was personable, answered questions, & made sure we were settled. Our room was on 9th fl. The hallway did not seem to have good air circulation & carpet had seen some use but there were no obvious stains. The room was spacious & clean. The chair looked new with nice, clean fabric, bed was comfy, & bath appeared to have been remodeled & was adequate size. Carpeted appeared new & was nice design. The fridge worked well, didn't try microwave. The crowning jewel was the balcony! There were 2 plastic chairs on balcony like most hotels use & u r looking directly at the ocean. We saw the most spectacular sunrises! Continental breakfast is incl., juice, waffles, yogurt, cereal, coffee, bagels. Hey, it's free! The indoor pool is terribly small & I never saw anyone in it. The location is within walking distance to lots of restaurants & shopping. U can rent bikes next door or enjoy a walk on the wide boardwalk. There is a bike path so no danger to walkers. The free indoor parking garage is nice but it's a tight space, be careful. We were comfortable n room & loved the location. They could do some minor updates such as modern, colorful artwork n rooms that would make a huge difference n appearance. The hallways could use ventilation. Would definitely stay here again. Thank u Andrew for being so welcoming.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 11 October 2017

Gayle G,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you enjoyed your stay at the Econo Lodge Oceanfront Hotel. It is heartwarming to hear of how our efforts to impress you with our hospitality, comfort and convenient experience have been successful. We enjoy sharing these reviews to Mr. Andrews and we all look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed here Labor Day weekend at this hotel.  I have to say the stay was good for me and my small group.  To start, the parking garage is small and a little cramped, that being said, parking is limited to one spot per room.  They were cool about this and let me get another spot because it wasn't fully booked.  Not sure if this will always be the case for everyone, every weekend, but they let me have it this time.  This leads me to me next point, the staff; they were great, easy to communicate with, kept their eye on things but didn't creep on people or make us feel uncomfortable.  The pool was really small I noticed and the breakfast wasn't that great.  The room was pretty good, first floor, which I came to enjoy, right on the oceanfront/boardwalk.  It could have been a little cleaner but it's an older hotel and is probably much cleaner than some of the other ones in VB.  The bed was more comfortable than I thought, a little firm for my liking but I slept well.  Bathroom could have been a little cleaner but it was ample for me.  Small fridge, small microwave, TV, etc.  The room was a double.  The whole hotel could use an update but they are working pretty well  with what  they got.  Some of the outlets weren't working either. Location really can't be beat unless you want to be in a little quieter area.  But, 21st is about as centrally located as it gets.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 21 September 2017

ebshultz,

Thank you for your review, your feedback and your comments regarding your stay. I do apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced due to our parking area and the high volume of guests during your stay. We appreciate the compliments and the comments regarding areas where can improve. We hope to see you again soon, to give you another wonderful nights' sleep, and to impress you with the improvements we've made.