All reviews room was clean off season surrounding hotels yogurt garage parking neptune festival the rooms were nice nice place to stay bit dated free breakfast beautiful view of the ocean this past weekend enjoyed our stay would definitely stay here again indoor pool we've stayed upon check
Reviewed 6 November 2017

Somehow I booked Econo Lodge Oceanfront instead on Econo Lodge on the Ocean. When I realized my mistake, I was concerned as one is rated better than the other. I explained my mistake to my wife and the fact that I could not change the reservation due to the pay now and save deal. After reading some more reviews, it seems as if the (oceanfront) has been improving over the last year. Check-in was easy, and after parking the car went to our room, #705. The room was clean and we had a great view of the boardwalk and ocean. The location can't be beat as you are right in the middle of the boardwalk. We went for a run every morning and a walk every evening. The shower had great water pressure, but the drain could not keep up and you ending up standing in 4 inches of water by the time the shower was over. Only real complaint is the breakfast is very basic; danishes, waffles or pancakes, oatmeal, cereal or yogurt. Maybe add some hard boiled eggs and fresh fruit. All in all, pleased with our stay.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Guest_Relations_2018, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

scottmpd28,

Thank you for sharing this fantastic review of Econo Lodge Oceanfront Hotel. It is very rewarding to hear from you on this matter and we appreciate that you have
acknowledged our efforts to provide a clean, comfortable, and hospitable experience. We also appreciate your ideas for improving on our breakfast, and we look forward to serving
you again!

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

This is an older hotel that has been well maintained. We were greeted warmly by Andrew who should give other staff lessons n customer service. He was personable, answered questions, & made sure we were settled. Our room was on 9th fl. The hallway did not seem to have good air circulation & carpet had seen some use but there were no obvious stains. The room was spacious & clean. The chair looked new with nice, clean fabric, bed was comfy, & bath appeared to have been remodeled & was adequate size. Carpeted appeared new & was nice design. The fridge worked well, didn't try microwave. The crowning jewel was the balcony! There were 2 plastic chairs on balcony like most hotels use & u r looking directly at the ocean. We saw the most spectacular sunrises! Continental breakfast is incl., juice, waffles, yogurt, cereal, coffee, bagels. Hey, it's free! The indoor pool is terribly small & I never saw anyone in it. The location is within walking distance to lots of restaurants & shopping. U can rent bikes next door or enjoy a walk on the wide boardwalk. There is a bike path so no danger to walkers. The free indoor parking garage is nice but it's a tight space, be careful. We were comfortable n room & loved the location. They could do some minor updates such as modern, colorful artwork n rooms that would make a huge difference n appearance. The hallways could use ventilation. Would definitely stay here again. Thank u Andrew for being so welcoming.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 11 October 2017

Gayle G,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you enjoyed your stay at the Econo Lodge Oceanfront Hotel. It is heartwarming to hear of how our efforts to impress you with our hospitality, comfort and convenient experience have been successful. We enjoy sharing these reviews to Mr. Andrews and we all look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed here Labor Day weekend at this hotel.  I have to say the stay was good for me and my small group.  To start, the parking garage is small and a little cramped, that being said, parking is limited to one spot per room.  They were cool about this and let me get another spot because it wasn't fully booked.  Not sure if this will always be the case for everyone, every weekend, but they let me have it this time.  This leads me to me next point, the staff; they were great, easy to communicate with, kept their eye on things but didn't creep on people or make us feel uncomfortable.  The pool was really small I noticed and the breakfast wasn't that great.  The room was pretty good, first floor, which I came to enjoy, right on the oceanfront/boardwalk.  It could have been a little cleaner but it's an older hotel and is probably much cleaner than some of the other ones in VB.  The bed was more comfortable than I thought, a little firm for my liking but I slept well.  Bathroom could have been a little cleaner but it was ample for me.  Small fridge, small microwave, TV, etc.  The room was a double.  The whole hotel could use an update but they are working pretty well  with what  they got.  Some of the outlets weren't working either. Location really can't be beat unless you want to be in a little quieter area.  But, 21st is about as centrally located as it gets.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 21 September 2017

ebshultz,

Thank you for your review, your feedback and your comments regarding your stay. I do apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced due to our parking area and the high volume of guests during your stay. We appreciate the compliments and the comments regarding areas where can improve. We hope to see you again soon, to give you another wonderful nights' sleep, and to impress you with the improvements we've made.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

This is no where near a fancy hotel, but it is nice for the amount we paid. The continental breakfast is basic (bagels, cereal, waffles, pancakes, juice, ect.) but it is included with your room, which is nice and accomplishes saving money on an additional meal. The pool area is small, but the water was warm and it was a nice retreat for when we needed some time out of the sun. This hotel is within walking distance to a TON of shopping, restaurants, and mini golf. We were here on the 'off peak' season, so the hotel is super quiet as there are only a fraction of the rooms occupied. All of the rooms have oceanfront balconies! My biggest complaint is that there is no A/C in the hallways, which in the afternoon, when the sun has been beating in the glass hallways can make it stifling hot (even in September). Our room was all we needed. The hotel could use some upgrades (carpet, paint, ect) but is in a great location and close to a ton of stuff and was in a great price point for us! Would definitely consider returning for another stay.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 18 September 2017

Beachbum2003,

Thank you for your high rating of our hotel and for taking the time to share your experience! It is great to hear of how you enjoyed the value and found our location to be convenient for your needs being within walking distance to dining and other activities. Your comments regarding the ways we can still improve are just as important, and we can't wait to show you how we have taken them to heart.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

At first we were hesitant to stay here as we never saw any good reviews for EconoLodge. The room was a little dated but clean, the view amazing. We visit VB around 4 times a year and would definitely stay here again. The staff were all helpful and always smiled when greeting you. Valerie Graves the night clerk was the best, she even got me tea in the morning before breakfast opened so I didn't have to walk the streets at 5am.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 30 August 2017

hollynewbern,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you enjoyed your stay at the Econo Lodge Oceanfront Hotel. It is great to hear from you and I am so glad that you enjoyed our staff courtesy and have taken the time to recognize the hospitality and care that we aim to provide for each and every guest. It means a lot to us that you've allowed us to be such an important part of your family vacation and we thank you for sharing your five star experience!