“We miss the front desk supervisor girl.”

Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach
Ranked #23 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
“We miss the front desk supervisor girl.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

I come to this hotel every other year with my family and dianna is always the one who checks us in and out. I come to find out that she left and I was sad. She is an awesome person and really great at what she does. She seems to be the only one to goes out her way every single time to help us with things to do and places to eat. Dianna is the best employee here and wish we were there to say bye!!! Miriam the little Asian girl, she has been such a delight. Since dianna left Miriam has been helping my family & I. She should be rewarded and be considered to get a promotion!! Her and the maintainance lady. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will definitely come back, even if dianna is not there now there are people like her that works well with your guests. Please eknowledge them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Might I add, the hotel is gorgeous!!!!! Everything is updated and the rooms are crazy! Our room came with a microwave, which it didn't last time. The pool has waterfalls. Who's idea was that? My kids loved it. I just think you guys should do something about parking. It's crazy trying to find a spot. But good job on the interior change.

• Stayed April 2012
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Thank you for the kind comments about the renovation and three of our associates. They will be thanked in front of the entire staff because of their guest service to your family. By the way we miss Diana as well and welcome her back anytime she is ready.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Woodbridge, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

My daughter and I stayed here from 12-15 April and had a great time! We never used the indoor pool or ate in the downstairs restaurant so I can't comment on them... The room was clean and the beds were excellent... The view was great and the location of the hotel at 21st street is right in the middle of the board walk. Parking (lack of) sorta sucks but we never had an issue parking across the street in the overflow parking. The hotel has gone through a lot of upgrades. The rooms were about right size... The only thing that stood out was the older looking green carpet and the lack of an ATM in the bldg... Other than that the staff was very friendly and I made it a point to always say hello to them all. I would stay here again! Thanks so much!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Scott H
jkinane, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 22 April 2012
Dear Dalfin,

We are glad to hear you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel rooms. On your next visit you need to make sure to stop by and visit our newly remodeled saltwater pool. We will share your kind words with our staff and we look forward in seeing you in the future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

We checked in for our anniversary on 13 Apr with Susan & Chelsea who greeted us with smiles and they helped us to extend till the 16th adding a 3rd night for a lesser rate so, we are still here :) We basically wanted an oceanfront, clean room, central to restaurants for a decent rate. We had debated between the Hilton and the Holiday Inn Oceanside and we are glad we paid less for what we were basically looking for.
More importantly, Danielle at the front desk has been spot on in referring us to 5 star level restaurants which is what we wanted (we loved Mahi Mah and Scaliana). She is very professional and very attentive to the guests needs versus just throwing out any restaurant name and they're lucky to have her on their team. Jimmy the guest services manager also helped my husband to find the right golf course today. We have a king suite on the 8th floor, it has a great view, the room is renovated, bed is not so great but, pillows are comfy though. I didnt ask for any chocs,champagne or anything special like you would get at a higher end hotel but, our room is clean, they provide great service, it's a good value and it has a central location. We have no problems with parking and we have not eaten at the hotel restaurant either. We will ask Danielle for one more restaurant tip for this evening and we trust her to help us finish our long weekend before we check out tomorrow. It's a place we may come back too just to get away from northern VA.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Atlantisinapril
Dear Atlantisinapril,

Thank you for taking the time and providing feedback about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Oceanside. We are glad to hear we could make your aniversary a memorable experience. We have shared your kind words with all of the staff. We look forward to seeing you next year.

Front Office Manager
Lake Grove, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012 via mobile

Where to begin...I could write a book. And this coming from someone who travels almost every weekend of the year and tries to see the best in everything. I don't complain much! :)
But this was a trip with my kids so I was really looking forward to it!

PROS:
View from room is great.
Beds are comfortable.
Pillows are good.

CONS:
Started with reservations. Here is what I was told.
1. Indoor and outdoor pool. There is NO outdoor pool at this property. Go to Holiday Inn North for the outdoor pool. I suppose reservations was mixing the two properties up, but there is no comparison. Stay North! The indoor pool was gross. Too many people every night and when the pool was completely closed down on our last day (probably because it looked unsanitary) it made our decision to go home early easier.
2. WIFI. My wifi did not work. My children's iPads also did not receive wifi. We brought this to attention of front desk. They tried to fix it but to no avail. We had to leave early as I had work that needed to be done and could not do at this property.
3. Breakfast. We paid the higher rate to have breakfast included. We were ALSO told children eat free. Well, I suppose the reservation department needs to get briefed because in order for our children to eat free, we had to PURCHASE two adult meals. And how exactly do we do that when we paid a higher rate to receive breakfast included???!!!? This is where I lost it. WTH? Makes NO sence. Should have paid lower rate.
4. The last day of our stay...no housekeeping service and not a housekeeper in sight. At that point, I had had enough and checked out early.
5. The room was dirty. A man's dirty black sock was found under the desk by my son. We initially thought it was my husband's but he said he had not packed black socks and it was not his sock. In addition, there was a nasty stain or some crusty, drippy stuff stuck on the wall by the balcony door. There was also a stain on the bed skirt. But it was crusty too. So gross.
6. Don't bother sitting outside on the balcony unless you don't mind sitting on a filthy chair. The chairs should be washed down everyday, as sand does definitely accumulate on them from the winds.

Overall, I was very unhappy with my experience at this property. If you are loyal to the Holiday Inn chain, pay a little extra and stay at Holiday Inn North with your family. Wish reservation department had gotten this right for us and booked us in the RIGHT hotel! This Holiday Inn would be more suitable for singles and young people.

Stayed April 2012
4 Thank lglvr
jkinane, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Dear Iglvr,

Thank you for taking the time in providing feedback about your recent stay with at the Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach. Its feedback like this that we use as a training tool to improve our service. I'm sorry to hear that your stay was less than satisfactory with our property. It is our goal to ensure 100% guest satisfaction. I would like to discuss this matter personal with you if you could please contact us directly.

Front Office Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

Stayed one night and was greeted with a room just recently renovated. Comfortable room and very friendly staff. Breakfast was delicious and checkout was simple. Only drawback is inadequate parking.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Shane0321
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Thank you for your comments about the staff and hotel. We hope the next time you are coming to Virginia beach you choose us and enjoy the newly installed HD Channels and the fastest WiFi on the beach front starting April 26th.