See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 September 2018

Great location. Terrible cleanliness. The ceiling in the room was falling apart. The balcony was covered in slime and water and had no chairs to sit on. Our room was supposed to have a refrigerator and microwave, along with towels, none of which it had. We had called the front desk and were told it may not be possible to get these things. We asked to switch to another room because we had food that needed refrigerated and were told we could not. There were 7 bags of bread and hot dog buns in the drawers that were covered in mold and in there for some time. When we asked housekeeping to remove the bags so that the room wouldn't smell of mold, the housekeeper asked why we didn't just throw the bags away since no one there "Was going to eat them".

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 September 2018

I would have to say that my stay at the Neptune Inn was one of the WORST ever.  I booked for 2 days but only stayed only one because I just could not see myself staying any longer.  Starting off when I walked into the room several of the electrical outlets did not work,  I had to plug my phone into the bathroom wall socket and hope it didn't accidentally get wet.  I bought in my own radio which I'm glad I did because the room did not have as most hotels a clock radio, there was no guide for the TV channels. Bathroom/room in general did not have a single glass to drink out of, I wondered why the bedroom lamp did not work; it was because the outlet did not work.  Maintenance came up and had to squeeze  into the outlet behind the bed board where my radio could finally work and also the bedroom lamp.  When I took the radio out to the beach (batteries) and returned to the room, I had to squeeze in back of the bed board to plug the radio in. The sliding door had to be lifted up from the bottom  in order to close. Most of my exercise that day was in that room. NOW I get to the dangerous part.  I was on the 5th floor, opened the balcony, walked to the balcony and TRIPPED over the at least a half inch metal sticking up at the bottom of the sliding door (I have a picture); as I kept going I could have went OVER the 5th floor balcony!  I think I should pass or perhaps this is passed on to TripAdvisor!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 8 September 2018

The location is amazing. It is across the street from the beach, around the corner from a Starbucks, Brew Pub and CVS pharmacy and 2 blocks from a Harris Teeter. The rates were significantly lower than the hotels directly across the street, and how much time are your going to spend in your room while in Virginia Beach?! The rooms are starting to get a bit tired. The property could benefit from a good heavy cleaning and probably new carpets at the very least. My balcony was actually scary! However, the beds were comfortable, sheets clean, room had everything i needed and the staff were very friendly and accommodating. I would stay here again without a second thought.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HarmonyRDO, Manager at Neptune Park Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Thank you very much for providing your comments and feedback about our property. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to serving you again. Take care and safe travels to you!

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

We get here,the front desk people isn't friendly, our air conditioning was messed up and it looked like it hadn't been clean i awhile. Dust everywhere. They advertise for a pool and then we get here and they say that it's broke and they going to take and have to rebuild. Bed shirts tore.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused.

Reviewed 6 September 2018

Negative (like all the others). Decent view of the Ocean. But we were on the 4th floor left hand side of the building. Still had to look between two other Hotels (located across the street) to see it. No Pool. No continental breakfast. Vending machines that didn't work. Locks on our door that didn't work. Lamps in the room that didn't work. But the beds were very comfortable. And the balcony was ok for two people. The service Staff was very friendly and helpful. But the management staff (at least one of them) was not very helpful. Bottom Line: If you need more than just a place to lay your head …. go somewhere. else! You might even think about sleeping on the beach! Couldn't be any worse!

Date of stay: August 2018