“Lunch first time visit!”
Review of Woo Lae Oak

Woo Lae Oak
Ranked #51 of 101 Restaurants in Tysons Corner
Cuisines: Asian, Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

Great first time visit! The Dolsot BiBimBap was delicious. The sides were generous and tasty. The tea was good. Our server was friendly and helped us make our choices. It is stunning inside. They do live music and have a large bar. Def recommend this place!

Reviewed 4 September 2015

I love Korean Food! Never could believe that in 15 years of the show MASH they never said how good the food is. Anyway, I like Woo Lee Oak a lot. The food is great, and they bring all the small dishes of vegetables. The meat is good, a nice room. Pricy but worth it!

Reviewed 19 August 2015

I have been working in the building connected to this restaurant for 18 months and this is my first visit. I had never had Korean cuisine before, and Kathy the hostess/server helped guide me toward selecting a delicious option form the lunch menu. Served in a super hot stone bowl, the dish featured rice and vegetables, with chicken for flavoring and a sunny-side up egg on top. Kathy showed me how to add spicy sauce to the dish and then mix the contents up, including the liquid egg yolk. She pointed out the need to scrape the crisped rice off the bottom of the bowl, since that was the best part! The food was delicious, and very filling. In addition to the main dish, I was given very thin miso-like broth, and for side dishes, which I ended up taking home because it was simply too much food to eat at one sitting. The sides included: a cabbage salad with spicy sauce, kimchi (pickled cabbage with spicy sauce), chives and tiny shrimp, and lotus root that had been sliced thin and marinated in a sugar and soy mixture. The food was delicious, the service very gracious, and all at pretty good value; I will return again, without hesitation.

Reviewed 8 June 2015

Quite difficult to access by road; took us two attempts to solve the road puzzle. Very large establishment, whole building it seems. Parking facility inside the building. Downstairs area is very large. Excellent service and authentic Korean dishes. Kim Chi was mild by most standards.

Reviewed 27 May 2015

If you're in Tysons Corner and looking for something different to eat, I recommend Woo Lae Oak. It is a decent Korean Restaurant. I've mostly had their Bibimbap. It is very tasty and a nice change from American fare.
The atmosphere is classic with pictures of dignitaries all over the wall.