“Holy guacamole it's good!”
Review of La Sandia

La Sandia
Reserve with OpenTable
La Sandia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 102 Restaurants in Tysons Corner
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

We went here during Spring Break with our 7 and 9 year olds. Everyone loved what they got. We ordered steak & chicken fajitas, cheese enchiladas, kids trio (steak taco, soup and salad), kids chicken tenders. My daughter is extremely picky and she loved the chicken tenders and rice, so much so that she ate my rice too. My son loved the soup and salad more than the taco. My husband raved about the fajitas and I thought the cheese enchiladas were delish. We ordered nachos as well and they were good but you get chips and salsa any way so they were overkill. What was most impressive was the service. Our waitress was constantly checking in and refilling drinks. She was quiet and unobtrusive but so attentive. It is in the mall on the first floor. I didn't have high expectations but was pleasantly surprised. It was very good.

LaSandiaTC, General Manager at La Sandia, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2017

Hello Erica,

I just want to Thank you for your kind words! It makes us very happy that you loved your dinning experience here at La Sandia.

We look forward for your next visit!

Reviewed 8 April 2017

I do not understand what the big deal is about this type of establishment. I am not a fan of taking perfectly serviceable genres and turning it into "haute cuisine". The food was okay, the service was okay, it was all okay, but nothing made this place any better than the any other of thousands of other Mexican joints.

LaSandiaTC, General Manager at La Sandia, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Greetings,

Thank you for your review. We look forward for your next visit.

Juan A
GM

Reviewed 8 April 2017

We had reservations and were seated immediately on arrival. Joshua took very good care of us and helped us pick meals based on the diverse needs of our group. Good ambiance, nice music... A really nice place to kick back, have some drinks and good food after long day of shopping!

Greetings,

I just wanted to thank you for your review!

It makes the team here at La Sandia very happy that you loved your experience here.

Reviewed 16 March 2017

We had dinner at this place some years ago and we liked it. They have a nice lunch menu. The Margarita was a real drink, not just plain lemonade with some tequila "drops". My wife had a nice combo plate and for myself I tried the shrimp ceviche. Because of the prior day snow the mall was empty as well as the restaurant. Service was really fast,

LaSandiaTC, General Manager at La Sandia, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2017

Greetings,

Thank you very much for taking the time to send us your review. I have shared your review with my team here at La Sandia and that will help us improve.

Thank you again, and we look forward seeing you soon at La Sandia.

Juan A

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

Menu and appearance looked very enticing. However, the food was below average. It was not served hot, nor was it very authentic. Rather in appearance and taste the food was a warm well plated version of frozen Hispanic food.

To make matters worse the service was terrible - both slow and incompetent (failed to bring silverware or drinks).

On the plus side the salsa and chips are very good and the guacamole looked tasty.

Greetings,

I am sorry that you did not have a pleasant experience here at La Sandia. Please reach out to me directly. javila@richardsandoval.com, I would love to hear more about your experience. I look forward to your response.