“Great fried oysters; open for breakfast and lunch!”

Java Jacks Coffee House
Ranked #1 of 36 Restaurants in Tappahannock
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Great friendly service and fresh food offering breakfast and a lunch menu. I had oyster basket which was lightly breaded and just good tasting with crinkle cut fries. My partner had a fresh chicken salad sandwich. No complaints and will stop next time going through the town!! Yummy! Just right.

1  Thank Sara C

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Great menu selection for breakfast and lunch and the food is delicious. Friendly staff and always so helpful. If you are in the Tappahannock area make sure you stop in and check it out. You will love it!!!!

Reviewed 27 July 2017

Just a great morning of great food and service. The hash browns were amazing. They were exactly like my Granny made for me many years ago. Food was hot and delicious.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

We stopped at Java Jacks while traveling through Tappahannock to West Virginia. They serve breakfast and lunch all day. I believe they close at 3:00 so they don't serve dinner. We had breakfast and I must say, it's become my new favorite breakfast place. It's an hour from our home and since our first visit, we've been back twice just for breakfast. They have anything you could want for breakfast. The first trip my husband and I chose omelets. They come with a choice of a side, a serving of fruit, and 2 "jacks". Jacks are fried dough dusted in powdered sugar. They were hot and delicious. We chose home fried potatoes for our side. A serving of various fruit came with the meal. The fruit that day was cut up watermelon, cantelope,and honeydew melon. The food was delicious. On our third trip, I got crab quiche and my husband got eggs over easy with a side of baked apples. The apples were fantastic. The crab quiche was loaded with crab meat and there wasn't a piece of shell in in. But it was a little on the dry side. The restaurant is on the main road through Tappahannock. It's in an old farm house. The kitchen is right as you walk in and you can see the good being cooked. This is also where you pay on your way out. The tables are in different rooms in the farmhouse. We sat on a closed in porch. There is also outdoor seating. There is a selection of baked goods (muffins, etc) wrapped for take out. There is a unisex restroom that's large, clean, and inviting looking. The staff was friendly and the service was excellent. We will be returning many times in the future.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Favorite spot of the locals. Food is always imaginative and tasty. Atmosphere cozy like your favorite aunt's house - mismatched chairs and vintage table cloths and interesting artwork. My personal favorite meal there is the lunch special - half sandwich and soup. The crab bisque is to die for. And I personally love "the bird" which is turkey and a delish chutney turned into the yummiest wrap ever. I've had breakfast there too, and have never had something there I didn't like. My friends love their hot teas, especially the chai.