“Quaint little farmhouse restaurant”

Java Jacks Coffee House
Ranked #3 of 36 Restaurants in Tappahannock
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 23 July 2017

We stopped at Java Jacks while traveling through Tappahannock to West Virginia. They serve breakfast and lunch all day. I believe they close at 3:00 so they don't serve dinner. We had breakfast and I must say, it's become my new favorite breakfast place. It's an hour from our home and since our first visit, we've been back twice just for breakfast. They have anything you could want for breakfast. The first trip my husband and I chose omelets. They come with a choice of a side, a serving of fruit, and 2 "jacks". Jacks are fried dough dusted in powdered sugar. They were hot and delicious. We chose home fried potatoes for our side. A serving of various fruit came with the meal. The fruit that day was cut up watermelon, cantelope,and honeydew melon. The food was delicious. On our third trip, I got crab quiche and my husband got eggs over easy with a side of baked apples. The apples were fantastic. The crab quiche was loaded with crab meat and there wasn't a piece of shell in in. But it was a little on the dry side. The restaurant is on the main road through Tappahannock. It's in an old farm house. The kitchen is right as you walk in and you can see the good being cooked. This is also where you pay on your way out. The tables are in different rooms in the farmhouse. We sat on a closed in porch. There is also outdoor seating. There is a selection of baked goods (muffins, etc) wrapped for take out. There is a unisex restroom that's large, clean, and inviting looking. The staff was friendly and the service was excellent. We will be returning many times in the future.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Favorite spot of the locals. Food is always imaginative and tasty. Atmosphere cozy like your favorite aunt's house - mismatched chairs and vintage table cloths and interesting artwork. My personal favorite meal there is the lunch special - half sandwich and soup. The crab bisque is to die for. And I personally love "the bird" which is turkey and a delish chutney turned into the yummiest wrap ever. I've had breakfast there too, and have never had something there I didn't like. My friends love their hot teas, especially the chai.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

Java Jacks is one of those special places where if you go once you will always return. The food is superb, the menu reaches far and wide, the staff is friendly and always accommodating. We have eaten at JJ's numerous times and every meal is as wonderful as the one before it. Java Jacks is a place you don't want to miss!

Reviewed 25 May 2017

We normally stop here on our way from No Va to the Outer Banks. We have only had breakfast here which is good. Service can be a little slow so if you're in a hurry, stop somewhere else. It's a small place with only a dozen tables or so, but the food is made to order and the beignets are delicious. Just ask them to not include the fruit which dampens the crispness!

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

I would highly recommend Java Jacks Coffee House to anybody who is looking for a delicious breakfast. The food was absolutely amazing, and the items served on the menu had an original, creative, and quirky twist on traditional meals. The experience was very pleasant, and I would definitely return if I went back to Tappahannock.