“Bad service”

Ramada Strasburg
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Strasburg
“Bad service”
Reviewed 23 July 2011

I stayed there often as I visit the area often. I stayed there two nights Ans a extra 3 hours off the second day which they charged me $5 a hour till 3pm. Then they said they would have to charge me another nights fee if I stay 1 min past 3pm. The hotel was empty. For two and half days I had NO hot water and told them that. They said sorry here is your bill.any hotel that's worth anything would have said sorry for such a unconvinced stay which we did not provide you with hot water which come on you have take multiple showers when it 100 degrees out. They didn't offer a refund or a comp night. Nothing just sorry. Well that's terrible having no hot water for 2and half days and they take your money and say oops sorry.well I will never stay there again. I will stay at the Fairfield inn Marriott down the road.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank strasburg
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed 21 July 2011

Very friendly staff....older Motel....We were traveling with a dog and Ramada excepts dogs...A little moldey mildew smell in the hall way...It was clean just a little outdated...The best part of the stay was we were tired after driving 10 hours in the car...The Mexican restaurant attached to the motel was excellent...all homemade food and was reasonably priced with excellent food....

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank RobertH10
Taylor, Texas
Reviewed 25 June 2011

the from dest was a litter rude but the room was clean & price was good the breakfest is great will stop next tine in area

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 June 2011

The Ramada in Strasburg Virginia needs some attention, better management, and a good cleaning. We do not recommend it. We stayed there because we couldn’t find any other place to stay in the area, due to (as it turned out) a Civil War reenactment scheduled for the next day. The main problem with the room was that the window was left open, and because it was behind the curtain, didn’t realize it until it was too late. Let’s just say we spent a good part of an hour killing all the bugs that flew into the room, apparently attracted by the huge light right outside our window. Gross! It made for a very uncomfortable night, and very poor sleep. Additionally, the hallways, stairwells, and elevator smelled of cigarette smoke (although the room did not). There was a microwave and small refrigerator in the room – they seemed fine. The linens were ok, and the bathroom was clean enough to quickly shower the next morning and quickly check out. Even though the rates were very low (we paid about $85), spend a little more at place that provides a much experience, if you can. You get what you pay for, and we will definitely not be back to this hotel. However……a positive note for the next day of our trip: the town had some charm, and we actually had a wonderful outdoor breakfast at a local, small restaurant called Christina’s café. The food was great, and the service was friendly and accommodating. This little café was a MUCH better representative of the town than the Ramada.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Princess1043

Travellers are raving about these Strasburg hotels

Perkasie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 April 2011

I recently made reservations for my family for a 4 night stay at Ramada Strasburg in Strasburg, VA, however, due to the disgusting accomodations and dangerous situation they place my family in we checked out on the second day. Upon checking in they had our room rate wrong. The rates had been reduced online, which is where I originally made the reservation. I called ahead and spoke to Chris who said that he would be happy to adjust the rate....this was not done however. We checked in to Room 329 around 10 PM on 4/21/2011, the sheets were rumpled as though they had not been changed, I notified the front desk and they said that they would address it in the AM when housekeeping was in. The next day, towels were dropped off in our room, but the beds were not made nor changed. The hotel serves breakfast. When I told the elderly woman on duty that the eggs she was serving were FROZEN, she told me to step into a closet area and microwave them....I was HORRIFIED when I opened the door to see a dirty broom closet with a tiny microwave on top of an old refrigerator. There were roach and ant traps on the floor and there were boxes of muffins and pasteries sitting on the floor. There was no coffee, milk, sausage or forks and there were only about 8 people eating breakfast. Everything was disgusting! On the SECOND morning the fire alarm went off around 8 AM, my husband and I took our three children into the hallway to leave through a stairwell and were told by a housekeeper to ignore it as someone had burned toast in the kitchen. We continued on out of the bldg only to find the 2nd floor engulfed in smoke...the front desk clerk said there was a fire in Rm 207...fire truck arrived however the hotel was NEVER evacuated!!! We were on our way to the pool across the parking lot so we continued there only to find the pool so gross two of my children refused to get in! The ceiling was covered with fabric draping to keep the insulation from falling into the pool. Needless to say, when the fire trucks left, we CHECKED OUT and went to the Holiday Inn in Front Royal. This was the worst Easter vacation we had ever had in a Ramada Inn!!! I would like to be reimbursed for the cost of our stay....$143.44.

Room Tip: Go to the Holiday Inn Express Front Royal instead!