Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Dulles Sterling
Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling(Sterling)(Great Value!)
US$ 92
ComfortInn
US$ 183
US$ 156
SpringHill Suites
Best Western Dulles Airport Inn(Sterling)(Great Value!)
US$ 98
US$ 89
All reviewsreubenexcellent customer service skillsexcellent furnishingsprepare mealsmonth's stayoffer free coffeefront deskchoice hotelscheck in was quick and easyevery weeksam's clubenjoyed my staybed was comfortableup to dateexcellent stayconvenient locationdc area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 March 2012

The property is very well maintained, and an important access is the front desk staff, especially Carla, who demonstrates the attitude of helpfulness that it takes to enable guests to approach the staff with issues that arise at any hotel. It's important to note that housekeeping is done weekly, which is ideal, and routine maintenance is done concurrent with this. If a towel is missing, the front desk can take care of it and also provide helpful information about how to navigate the extensive stores and other facilities available in the area.

Room Tip: Know your needs, whether for a king or two double beds.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
cndlherndon, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Dulles Sterling, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2012

Thank you Robert F for your recommendation of our hotel on Tripadvisor. It is such a delight to know that you had a pleasant stay with us. We try our best to keep our hotel nice and clean and I appreciate that you have noticed our efforts. I'll make sure the staff, especially Carla, gets to read your review.
We hope you will continue to let us serve you in the future. Thank you for staying at Suburban Extended Stay Sterling!

Reviewed 19 March 2012

I was so glad to see the smile on Glenn's face when I walked in, and the fact that he could remember who I was since last year when I last visited, made all the difference for me. The room was big, comfortable and had all the amenities I needed. Glenn made sure I had everything I needed, and when ever I walked by the desk, he would ask about my well being. There are lots of places, such as restaurants, fast food, stores, that are within walk-able distances around the hotel. I did enjoy my stay, and I hope to continue enjoying my stay whenever I visit.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo

I appreciate your review NancyQueen! I am delighted to know that Glenn made a lasting impression on you during your stay. Im sure he'll be happy to know that you mentioned him on your review. Our team is dedicated into ensuring that each guest feels comfortable and happy while staying with us. I am glad that we have accomplished that goal. Thank you for your continued patronage. We are looking forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 10 March 2012

This is a relatively inexpensive extended stay hotel, very nearly a furnished efficiency apartment building, and should be considered in that light. It comes with the territory that there are working-class people literally living here, that's kind of the whole idea, but I've encountered no one who deserves to be called sleazy (snobs might want to go elsewhere). I've been here nearly three months, am quite satisfied, and will most likely stay two or three more months (depending on my job situation). But I'd probably go elsewhere for an overnight or weekend stay.

The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, but of course cannot offer the amenities of a full service hotel. Special mention to Reggie and Glenn, the two I've mostly had the pleasure to deal with. The place is quiet and kept very clean. The bed is comfortable, fitted with top and bottom sheets, a light blanket and a bedspread, and made up weekly, as advertised. Parking sometimes gets a little tight early in the week, but there are always spots available.

Walmart is literally right next door, so I just walk over if I need a few things. Otherwise, Wegman's offers a first-class yet economical grocery shopping experience less than two miles down the road. There's a major mall about half a mile up the road, with all the usual outlying stores (Best Buy, etc) in between.

The closest I can come to a complaint is that the free internet is rather slow (although I am able to watch streaming TV shows with few buffering pauses), plus you have to log into it daily. Stiff extra charge ($5/day, $20/week, $60/month) only claims to be 1.5 MB--although I suspect it might be more, I'm too cheap to try it out!

Room Tip: Rooms with two beds have larger refrigerator with freezer compartment, plus a tub/shower (but cost more, of course). Rooms with one bed have dorm refrigerator with ice cube tray compartment and shower-only bathrooms.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
cndlherndon, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Dulles Sterling, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Thank you Joel B for sharing your experience with our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am glad we are able to give you great service for your extended stay. We are aware that we cannot provide everything that a full service hotel can offer, but I am happy to say that we make up for it by providing an excellent guest service that is hard to find elsewhere. We also do not charge you an arm and a leg for your stay. We hope you'll continue to stay with us and let us serve you while you are in the area. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable.

Reviewed 13 December 2011

I am staying here "between houses" so brought most everything I need with me. Room is sufficient for me and my little dog. Convenient location. Don't care for sleazy characters who evidently live here and hang around lobby/front door. Asked that dog poo receptacles be emptied 3 times to no avail.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Bed has only fitted sheet, which was coming out from every corner. No blanket only bedspread, I couldn't sleep because A/C was noisy.

No bath tub and shower curtain smaller, so water flow all over the floor in restroom

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple