“Friendly, comfortable and homey” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Dulles Sterling

Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Dulles Sterling
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
Chantilly, Virginia
“Friendly, comfortable and homey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

I was so glad to see the smile on Glenn's face when I walked in, and the fact that he could remember who I was since last year when I last visited, made all the difference for me. The room was big, comfortable and had all the amenities I needed. Glenn made sure I had everything I needed, and when ever I walked by the desk, he would ask about my well being. There are lots of places, such as restaurants, fast food, stores, that are within walk-able distances around the hotel. I did enjoy my stay, and I hope to continue enjoying my stay whenever I visit.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
cndlherndon, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Dulles Sterling, responded to this review, 14 April 2012
I appreciate your review NancyQueen! I am delighted to know that Glenn made a lasting impression on you during your stay. Im sure he'll be happy to know that you mentioned him on your review. Our team is dedicated into ensuring that each guest feels comfortable and happy while staying with us. I am glad that we have accomplished that goal. Thank you for your continued patronage. We are looking forward to your next visit with us.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

This is a relatively inexpensive extended stay hotel, very nearly a furnished efficiency apartment building, and should be considered in that light. It comes with the territory that there are working-class people literally living here, that's kind of the whole idea, but I've encountered no one who deserves to be called sleazy (snobs might want to go elsewhere). I've been here nearly three months, am quite satisfied, and will most likely stay two or three more months (depending on my job situation). But I'd probably go elsewhere for an overnight or weekend stay.

The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, but of course cannot offer the amenities of a full service hotel. Special mention to Reggie and Glenn, the two I've mostly had the pleasure to deal with. The place is quiet and kept very clean. The bed is comfortable, fitted with top and bottom sheets, a light blanket and a bedspread, and made up weekly, as advertised. Parking sometimes gets a little tight early in the week, but there are always spots available.

Walmart is literally right next door, so I just walk over if I need a few things. Otherwise, Wegman's offers a first-class yet economical grocery shopping experience less than two miles down the road. There's a major mall about half a mile up the road, with all the usual outlying stores (Best Buy, etc) in between.

The closest I can come to a complaint is that the free internet is rather slow (although I am able to watch streaming TV shows with few buffering pauses), plus you have to log into it daily. Stiff extra charge ($5/day, $20/week, $60/month) only claims to be 1.5 MB--although I suspect it might be more, I'm too cheap to try it out!

Room Tip: Rooms with two beds have larger refrigerator with freezer compartment, plus a tub/shower (but cost m...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
cndlherndon, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Dulles Sterling, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Thank you Joel B for sharing your experience with our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am glad we are able to give you great service for your extended stay. We are aware that we cannot provide everything that a full service hotel can offer, but I am happy to say that we make up for it by providing an excellent guest service that is hard to find elsewhere. We also do not charge you an arm and a leg for your stay. We hope you'll continue to stay with us and let us serve you while you are in the area. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable.
Leesburg, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

I am staying here "between houses" so brought most everything I need with me. Room is sufficient for me and my little dog. Convenient location. Don't care for sleazy characters who evidently live here and hang around lobby/front door. Asked that dog poo receptacles be emptied 3 times to no avail.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Auburn, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

Bed has only fitted sheet, which was coming out from every corner. No blanket only bedspread, I couldn't sleep because A/C was noisy.

No bath tub and shower curtain smaller, so water flow all over the floor in restroom

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Manuj A
Wels, Oberosterreich, Austria
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

We came from Austria to stay here.We booked for a "smoking room".They forgot that.My wife needed a blow dryer for her hair because "they have hair dryers in every room".NOT!Asked for one at the front desk.They couldn't find one.After traveling all day the previous day,we got up in time to hopefully get some coffee.Ten minutes before the 10am cut-off,there were none left.They had no more coffee beans left?The machine does the work,all it needs is beans.Parking is Terrible!Too many work trucks hogging all the parking lots.The rooms aren't Great but understandable.If you stay here,Good Luck!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Warren G
cndlherndon, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Dulles Sterling, responded to this review, 9 November 2011
Our guest's view of our hotel is of great importance to us and i'd like to thank you for writing us a review WarrenG. I apologize that you didn't have a very good experience with our hotel. Please know that we have taken actions to improve the areas you have mentioned on your review.

We'd love to be of service to you again, I hope you will give us another chance next time you visit our area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
0.5 km away
1.8 km away
Courtyard Dulles Town Center
2.4 km away
Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North

Been to Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Dulles Sterling? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK