“No real maple syrup”

Joe's Cafe
Ranked #8 of 280 Restaurants in Sterling
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: They also have a pizzaria, which I have not tried yet, in Leesburg, VA
Reviewed 12 October 2017

The service was great. Food was good, but they did not have real maple syrup. Price was good based upon what you got.

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

We always stop in for breakfast when here from NC. Super food & Staff. 4 Duces is great & U can't beat the omelets.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

It's about good food, and good service and good value and people having fun in a comfortable at home atmosphere. Joe's Cafe is a comfort place where you just feel good!
I live in Canada and visit Sterling area about once a year.
I had been here previously 2 years ago and I thought it was excellent.
This trip I had my 93 year old mom with me and we were traveling home that day. We needed a good healthy home cooked meal to get us started out right. It might be the only decent meal we'd get all day long. There was only one logical decision to make at 830 on a Friday morning, go to a place that I trusted from before that was very good.
We made straight for Joe's Cafe, it was busy and humming. We were greeted friendly by the owner/manager. He sat us quickly, he knew from experience to put us in a booth. Our waitress came right away. We got good coffee, bottomless cup and water immediately. We order a basic breakfast, eggs, bacon, homefries toast. It was all very very good, a very tasty meal, in a fun place, that is definitely appreciated by many, as it was completely full. Will make this my standard go to breakfast/brunch/lunch in Sterling from now on!
The owner/manager and I talked briefly. I complimented him on his place and the good food and fun atmosphere. He says on the weekends there is a lineup to get in. That says how good it is in my books. He said, the agenda is simple, no rocket science. Good Food, Good Service, Good Price. I agree, Joe's Cafe is a winner on all accounts. I'd say it's as good as it gets!

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

We arrived for breakfast about 20 minutes after they opened, thinking we'd beat the rush. It was already full, with a line. We waited about 15 minutes. The owner greeted us, he was chatting with regulars and newbies alike.

The diner is cozy, booths, tables and counter available for seating. We were seated at the end of 3 tables put together, so we sat next to a couple we didn't know. But this isn't new to us so no big deal. You may make a new friend.

The servers work as a team, we had our drinks quickly. Hot, flavorful coffee which was readily available by servers. I ordered Joes platter, eggs, hash browns, bacon and toast. Eggs were perfect, as was the bacon. The Mr. had cream chipped beef, grits and eggs. Unfortunately the chipped beef was on the thick side, too floury but he enjoyed the rest of his meal.

We enjoyed our meal and the atmosphere, the owner obviously enjoys being there. You see him care for his regulars which you rarely see these days. We won't hesitate to return if we are back this way again.

I don't understand a previous review that pointed out the "one-percenters" and that this place is wasted on them. The customers we saw were quite diverse, this comment seems inappropriate. Being a mile or so from a Ferrari dealership is irrelevant to this diner.

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

We love weekend brunches at Ford's but they get real pricey and the menu is limited. Joe's serves up cost and family friendly diner food with care that is a safe level above IHOP, Cracker Barrel et al.

And the owner is on site keeping tabs on quality and customer experience and makes you want to go back to support him. The kind of place that is hard to find in this area.