All reviews full kitchen small kitchen main building an ideal location quiet area thin walls bagels restaurants in the area flat screen tv a great place to stay dc area nice size enjoyed my stay great price rooms are nice exercise room comfortable stay
Reviewed 7 October 2018

Pound for Pound, this Hawthorn Suites is good value in terms of what you get for your hard-earned dollar. I was surprised to find the hotel smack dab in the middle of a "town center" complete with modern amenities, shops and restaurants. Other than being 5 minutes further from the airport than many of the other airport hotels, Hawthorn Suites is a decent location.

Another surprise (for me at least) is that the hotel is a pet-friendly lodging. I am a pet lover, so it was no big deal for me. But, for someone who may not feel comfortable rooming in the vicinity of pets, they may wish to inquire if a pet-free unit is available. Overall, for a pet-friendly hotel, Hawthorn Dulles is relatively clean and odor-free (at least my room was). I did notice that the dining table chairs had some indelible stains on them. My bed was super-comfortable, and parasite-free... so I felt happy and fresh when I awoke in the morning. My only complaint was that the walls carry voices and barks from the adjacent room rather well. Fortunately, this was short-lived... but thin walls could pose problems.

The units are larger-sized standard rooms with efficiency units added. I might add that the architect/designers did an exceptional job of maximizing every square inch of the suite. The mini-kitchen has virtually all the capability of a home kitchen including a full-sized freezer/refrigerator, over-sized industrial grade micro-wave, dishwasher, coffee maker and electric stove-top. Just off the kitchen, there is a small dining table with two chairs. A full-sized sofa sleeper bed faces the flat-screen TV strategically located below the kitchen counter. There is no in-room safe. The complimentary WIFI works exceptionally well. The hotel consists of a number of 3-floor clusters complete with elevators. If you looked quickly, you might be under the impression that Hawthorn is just another condo complex.

The breakfast served on the ground floor in the main building was good and generous. This Hawthorn Suites was definitely not stingy with food! You will also find a comfy lounge with two computer workstations and printer. No problem printing out boarding passes here.

During my stay, I was attended by an exceptionally helpful desk clerk, a new employee and his boss, an assistant manager. These two gents, who got stuck with weekend duty, made my stay at Hawthorn Suites Dulles a pleasure.
The reasonable room rate, excellent room, good location and great service will make me return on my next flights to or from Dulles.

Room Tip: If available, ask for a pet free room (if you are not bringing a pet).
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Usman Ahmad Kash metti , Hamza and Ali and all the engineers and Maintenance and engineers were very professional and know how to treat there long term and short term customers . This place Has very good Breakfast every morning and light Tuesday dinners that can go wrong for the morning , or late Tuesday evening. Everyone was very professional and I Really do appreciate all the accommodations the staff has set up for there customers . I 100% give this place 5 stars rating and recommend anyone to stay here short , or long term . Thank you so much everyone At Wyndham Hawthorne Suites You guys were excellent in service . Bye for now . Regards Dr . Aaron Ali..

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Dr Aaron A
Reviewed 4 September 2018

the location is pet friendly and we brought our dog. The grounds were filthy with dog feces and you could hardly even walk outside. We ended up leaving a day early because I did not want to subject my healthy dog to this - a day later and my dog is very sick and I am taking him to the vet tonight.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Room was fine ... nothing special but nothing bad either. The staff at the front desk was often not available when i called or stoped by. Work out room had 3 pieces of equipment. Bathroom was quite small for an extended stay type place. Very limited cooking equipment and it was missing a coffee maker. Pet friendly but grounds were ill kept up including not mowed well and pets not picked up after.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2018

the title says it all. the staff ddidnt try to fix the water heater that that qand leaking in the carpet. We had to borrow a fan because the air condition didnt work thint well. Upon entering there were burritos in the fridge.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family