Stonewall Jackson Hotel and Conference Center
Sleep Inn Staunton(Staunton)(Great Value!)
US$ 95
US$ 92
US$ 63
Best Western Staunton Inn(Staunton)(Great Value!)
US$ 122
US$ 101
US$ 58
US$ 55
Days Inn Staunton South(Staunton)(Great Value!)
US$ 65
Comfort Inn(Staunton)
US$ 122
US$ 108
ComfortInn
US$ 114
US$ 110
US$ 63
Quality Inn & Suites(Staunton)(Great Value!)
US$ 104
US$ 144
US$ 137
Hampton.com
1,276 results
All reviewshistoric hotelparking garagenew wingright next doorbreakfast buffetpool and hot tubwithin walking distanceblackfriars playhousehotel lobbybeautiful lobbydowntown stauntonhistoric sectionthe american shakespeare centerrestaurants and shopsmodern amenitiesmill streetwonderful hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 April 2012

While travelling home to Pennsylvania from North Carolina we had planned a quick overnight stop at the Staunton Hampton Inn because it was right off the highway, but more importantly accepted large dogs. When we arrived we were told that the hotel had just lost power and they didn't know if it would be back. We scrambled to find another hotel that allowed dogs and found the Stonewall Jackson. After a brief plea for help they were able to accommodate us and our dog and thankfully waived their 2 night minimum stay (not sure if that was a weekend thing or not). We arrived to find a very nice hotel with exceptionally friendly staff. We didn't stay long, but we were so happy to have found the "downtown" area of Staunton that we didn't even know existed.

Room Tip: We heard a lot of hallway noise from in the room so I would recommend asking for a room at the end of a hall or as far away from the elevator as possible.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2012

This hotel is centrally located in Staunton, VA. The hotel is on the Historic Register of Hotels and a very nice place to stay. The rates are extremely reasonable and the rooms very comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, a real gem.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Just spent a night at the Stonewall Jackson and was totally impressed! Was allowed to take my 60-pound hound for an extra $25 (the cost of my kennel anyway) and had done the reservations on line. When I arrived, everything was exactly as I asked even down to a second name on the registration, as well as a lovely room in the well-done new part of the hotel which was well away from any possible source of noise that might have scared my dog or kept me awake. Room was huge and impeccably clean and in good repair, with no cover-up air fresheners that everyone wants to spray everywhere. It was truly clean so no cover-ups needed! HVAC system was silent and efficient and bedding was true luxury-level but without those ridiculously heavy duvets everyone is using these days; perfect mattress, pillows, and linens. Bought the B&B package to get the reduced-price breakfast buffet that included meats, potatoes, waffle and egg stations, amazing fresh fruits, yogurts, cereals, breads, pastries, oatmeal, grits (with grated cheese no less!), and pretty much anything else your little heart desires. Pool, whirlpool, and gym were impeccably clean with fluffy clean towels readily available but no shower. Parking garage (included in my package deal with in and out privileges; otherwise only $4 a day!) was easy to find thanks to rooftop antique signage for hotel and connected directly to hotel so no need to go out in the rain. Lobby was lovely and inviting and overall decorating of hotel was totally appropriate and personalized; didn't stand out as commercial-grade wannabe furnishings. Staff was overall amazing, offering anything and everything even before I could think of it. It's clear this hotel makes every possible effort to stay on top of all aspects of your comfort and convenience so don't hesitate a minute to stay here. I was a little concerned that it might be one of those renovated old places that still shows its warts but not the Stonewall Jackson; it's the real deal--just like the Jefferson in Richmond and other true historical luxury hotels. Once I got over the sticker shock of $200+ a night, I decided it was a well-deserved luxury after a long day of walking up and down Staunton's hills!

Room Tip: I was arbitrarily assigned to the "new part" but honestly, the rooms were impeccably done to seem original to the hotel. The entire hotel was very quiet so I don't think you could go wrong anywhere!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Tellitlikeitis2_12
Reviewed 17 April 2012

My husband had a business trip to Staunton VA and booked a room at the Stonewall Jackson. Beautifully restored hotel. We had a king size room; small by comparison to today's luxery hotel standards but large when compared to other historical hotels. Very large bathroom. The staff were wonderful and even though we did not want housekeeping they placed towels and etc on the door for us. The hotel displays the traditional and modern very well and the staff are very knowledgable regarding the surrounding area. Love this place and recommend it to everyone that wants a great experience. The city is just beautiful and has a lot to offer.

Room Tip: there is a restored area that is more traditional and then a new area that offers suites. Also ask for a room with a view, higher floors does not mean you get the better view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Yes, my husband and I stay at the Stonewall Jackson every March -- this is a tradition that was started with our 1st wedding anniversary and we've now been married 7 years.

The Stonewall Jackson is in the historic district of Staunton, VA. The hotel is located next to the Blackfriars Playhouse (yes, we've been there every year of our stay), various botique shops, coffee houses and restaurants. All of these shops and restaurants are within walking distance of hte hotel. There is a trolly that takes you around the historic district if you prefer to ride versus walk.

The hotel has a bar with the best bartender! A huge shoutout to Ashley - we've been so many times that she knows what we like to drink and when our usual stay occurs. Yes, the same bartender for 7 years -- that speaks for itself (little turnover in certain hotel staff). The front desk staff will accommodate special requests. One year, my husband had roses waiting for me in our room. This year, the staff had chilled champagne awaiting us.

There is a restaurant within the hotel that is open only for breakfast which serves up a buffet or a menu option is available. The buffet has made to order omlettes, a waffle station, fruit, yogurt and the usual bacon/sausage, eggs, grits, potoatoes and breads. There is a various assortment of juices.

The rooms are comfy, cozy, quiet and spacious. Some rooms have larger bath areas than others -- just depends where the room is located. For a few years, we had a room with a larger bath and windows and this year we had a smaller bath but larger closet area. We are not picky -- just as long as our room is clean is all that matters to us.

The staff is friendly (front desk, housekeeping) want to ensure that your staff is enjoyable.

There is an indoor pool but we have not used it therefore can not review -- just making travelers aware there is a pool onsite.

I can't review the individual room rate; however, if you are interested in Shakespeare then the Blackfriars Playhouse package is the one to get. The package includes your hotel accomodations, tickets to the play and breakfast each morning of your stay.

My husband and I always look foward to our stay at the Stonewall Jackson -- we hope you enjoy your stay, too.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple