“Pleasant stay, friendly staff”

Red Roof Inn Staunton
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Syracuse, New York
“Pleasant stay, friendly staff”
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I stopped at this Red Roof Inn on the way home from Virginia. The price with the coupon from the hotel coupon circular was very reasonable. The young woman at the desk was very friendly and knowledgeable, particularly about area restaurants. Try Texas Steakhouse if you are in the area, you won't be disappointed.

The room was pleasantly decorated in shades of burgandy & tan. The bed was comfortable. The pillows were a bit flat, but using two worked just fine. The room was very clean, well vacuumed, and no dust. The bathroom appeared to have been recently renovated, and was clean as well. There was a working fridge, microwave, and an older tube TV. And the heat was already turned on in the room, which was wonderful. It was in the upper 20's the night I was there. The motel I stayed at the previous night did not have the heat on in the room, and even though I turned it on, it was cold all night.

The rooms are very well soundproofed, so there is no noise from the neighboring rooms TV's. My only problem was a clicking noise that either the fridge or microwave made frequently during the night, which startled me. All in all it was a pleasant stay, and I would not hesitate to stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Willow1400
redroof706, Manager at Red Roof Inn Staunton, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your visit. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I was happy to see that you noticed our recent renovations, we are in the process of updating all rooms. I apologize that your pillow seemed a bit flat, on your next visit please let us know if you would like a different pillow or just a couple extra pillows. We want your stay with us to be the best that it can be.
Thank you again for taking the time to write about our motel and sharing your feedback with the travel community. I look forward to seeing you again .

i0706@redroof.com
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Room decor on the dark side but clean. Continental bfast nothing special--bare bones. Office staff friendly.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David O
redroof706, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Staunton, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
March 7 2012,
Dawelo, Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I am so glad to hear you found the rooms clean, the location great, and that we offered a good value. Also, thanks for the kind words in regards to staff, Should you require lodging in the area again, I do hope you come back.

Reviewed 9 February 2012

I stayed here again on 12/23/12 and my previous review still stands. Staff is exceptionally nice and improvements are apparently continuing. Want a nice room for sure.....ask desk for room 143.

Room Tip: Ask for room 143 on ground floor near office......Shoney's restaurant next door which needs to r...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank treefarm_vt
March 7 2012,
Treefarm_vt, Thanks for staying with us again and for taking the time to share your experience with others. I am so glad to hear about my staff. We are currently undergoing a renovation and will soon have an all new look that is very modern. Thanks again and I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey
Reviewed 26 January 2012

While working in the Staunton area, I stayed with my two dogs. The staff was great, the room was clean with a refrigerator and microwave. I never heard other guests, and ample parking. Red Roof Inn is one of the few places that makes it possible to me to travel for work with my pets.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
redroof706, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Staunton, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Dear Michelle, Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay with your dog, We always appreciate feedback from our guests .I appreciate your comments about our friendly office staff. They strive to provide outstanding customer service to all our guests.
I look forward to meeting your lodging needs next time you are in the area and thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we are doing.

Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 January 2012

I stayed at this property for one night in a King room.

I stay at RRI’s when I arrive late and leave early as they are generally clean, but have too few amenities for a longer stay. My room was adequate, clean and quiet. Good enough for six hours of sleep. This is an older RRI that has had some updating, but is not on par with some of the newer RRI properties. Especially their King rooms, which do not offer the RRI Executive king rooms with large workspaces and excellent lighting.

My room had functioning old style micro/fridge and 25” tube TV. Cold Breakfast is available, there is a McDonalds and Shoneys within walking distance.

The Good: Clean, Quiet, coffee in room, nice updated bathroom with tile floor and new tub surround and curtain. Some solid surface counters. Friendly desk staff.

The Bad: Pets are allowed, but no issues or noise problems during my stay. Remnants of older/non-updated components detract from the room. Old wooden doors, older dark, worn out furniture. SMALL desk is almost unusable for laptop work with few unused electrical outlets available for laptop/phone. Chairs were uncomfortable for work. The bed was hard as a rock and the pillows were so hard, I didn’t use them.

Overall I would give this property a 73/100 and 80/100 for value. While an OK stay, I may look elsewhere next time.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We always appreciate feedback from our guests as this is what enables us to understand our guests' needs and serve them better in the future.
We are in the process of a total renovation. In particular, our King rooms will have new flooring, as well as new mattresses and furnishings.