“Great food, Awesome atmosphere!”

Ubon Thai Victorian Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 143 Restaurants in Staunton
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

I really enjoyed the green curry I had there this evening. The chicken satay app was fine also but the peanut sauce seemed a little lacking (there's a place in Highland Park, NJ that has spoiled me with their peanut sauce, worth a 7hr trip just to lick the dish type good). The sticky rice and mango was fantastic.

The atmosphere was what really made me enjoy the meal. The renovated house is so unique in its design, the walk from the back parking lot to the entrance for some reason reminded me of my visit to a Thai resorts several years ago (I'm not sure what it is though). And with Ubon (the owner I understand) this restaurant has really made me feel like this is a must visit location in the Staunton area.

Reviewed 1 July 2016

Absolutely Loved This Place!! The Owner, Ubon, is a Tiny Lady from Thailand, who is the Most Friendly, Funny and Witty Woman You would Ever like to meet.. A Genuine Character! The Food was " Excellent " and Plentiful.. Lots to choose from on the Menu. First Time I have had Salsa from a Thai Restaurant!! Good and Spicy! Loved the Old House.. She even gave us Gifts to take Home!
I Will not only eat here again, I will stay in one of the Bed and Breakfast Rooms they have, the next time I visit.. This Establishment is a Must!!

Reviewed 6 April 2016

that in south central VA one would find a Thai-owned and operated restaurant (and BnB!) tht serves food that matches anything in my Northern Virginia home area. Be sure to mention the 'heat' you want in your meal if Ubon forgets to ask you!!

Reviewed 15 March 2016

Elected to stay here with my wife for a weekend of Food, Theater, and relaxation, and was not disappointed. We stayed 4 nights, and ate dinner the first night, breakfast each day.
Thai breakfast was more awesome than imagined- served hot (quickly) and with a range of flavors and spices, all satisfying. Dinner was delicious, and with generous portions. Mrs. Ubon cooked it all herself- she will make it as mild or as spicy as you would like. We chose a middle ground, medium Thai spicy (will not burn your face off) and loved every bite.

Furthermore, the lodging itself was extremely comfortable, and the staff was very friendly.
Mrs. Ubon is a character, and welcoming to all.

It should be noted- While we were there, the Matron employed only deaf persons- (a local deaf person college/activity center is nearby) So don't be surprised if the waiter/waitress hands you a note. I find it admirable, and we had absolutely zero issues with communication.

If you are going to Staunton, you should stay here.

Reviewed 8 February 2016

Probably best to go over to the other side of town to Thai Staunton where the food is every bit as good and the servers are not so "yappy". Pretty high prices for what one gets. Nice location.