“Good pizza. Excellent crust!”
Review of Shenandoah Pizza

Shenandoah Pizza
Ranked #13 of 147 Restaurants in Staunton
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 29 December 2018 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our pizza tonight! Great selection of toppings from sausage, ham, peppers, to pineapple and artichokes, sun dried tomatoes and spinach; sauces range from basic to pesto, spicy to garlic and olive oil, and the crust chew was really nice. Excellent beer and wine selections. Just wish they had a few pasta choices, that was our only reason for the dropped one star. (2 of us really wanted pasta and thought they would have at least one or two dishes on the menu) But we all really enjoyed our personal pizzas, and our appetizer selections! Great spot for our family!

Date of visit: December 2018
Brent S, Owner at Shenandoah Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2018

Thank you so much!!
We are glad you enjoyed everything and thanks for the review!
We experimented with pasta dishes in the past and they never really did well. With us not being an Italian restaurant but a gourmet pizza restaurant, most guests chose pizza over pasta so we scratched it from the menu.
Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed 28 December 2018

My husband and I enjoyed Shenandoah Pizza so much that we ate here twice on our short visit to Staunton. Definitely give it a try! The décor could use a little love, but the live music and delicious food made up for that. The restaurant is a short walk from the Stonewall Jackson hotel and many shops.

Date of visit: October 2018

Thanks so much!!

Reviewed 22 December 2018

When traveling I always scope out where I want to eat and try to find new and interesting places I haven’t tried before. While staying in Staunton one night while traveling down I-81, I decided to check out Shenandoah Pizza and Tap House. I ordered the Buffalo Gap pizza, with freshly-chopped celery, tomatoes, spicy chicken, gorgonzola cheese, and jalapeños. Parking is on the street and even on a Thursday night I had to circle the block twice to find a place to park. I was really excited to try this pizza but it just didn’t live up to my expectations and the price was very high. In fact, much higher than similar style pizzas I’ve gotten at other pizza places across the country. Overall I don’t know if I’d try Shenandoah Pizza and Tap House again, given there are so many other options in Staunton.

Date of visit: August 2018
Brent S, Owner at Shenandoah Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2018

Thanks for stopping by!
We are sorry we didn’t meet your expectations, the Buffalo gap is one of our most popular pizzas!
We are definitely not comparable to most “run of the mill” pizza places. We source most of our ingredients locally and sometimes people aren’t used to the freshness compared to most other pizza places.
Because we are located in a sought after business district and we use local ingredients, our costs are about triple of what a normal pizza place is.
Again, thanks for stopping by, we hope you find a pizza place that meets your expectations and budget!

Reviewed 11 December 2018 via mobile

I was shopping in Staunton last weekend and needed to refuel. The pizza shop was close in proximity and smelled amazing so we stopped by for a slice. I was so incredibly amazed by the pizza I had to write a review. The crust was perfectly crunch and tasty at the same time. We ordered pepperoni pizza and side salads. There was nothing leftover I can say we demolished the entire thing. The price was reasonable and I will be back!

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

I come here every so often to take a seminar. And this is one place I return to each time. The pizza is really good. The portion sizes are right on. The other menu items are good. The staff is alway courteous. I’ve never had a bad experience. Highly recommend it.

Date of visit: October 2018