All reviews waffle house free popcorn homemade biscuits room was clean front desk staff waffles no reservation the entire staff parking lot new jersey off the highway bed and pillows an older hotel hard boiled eggs hot breakfast sausage gravy the breakfast area
Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

My husband has dementia and as much as I love him, I need time away from the responsibility of caring for him. My daughter in law and I choose Staunton,VA as our destination and Comfort Inn as our home away from home! The hotel staff were warm and welcoming. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The breakfast was delicious and a great way to start our day. This hotel was close to historical sites, small shops, and a nearby mall. We ate our dinner at an old Restaurant called Clock Tower.
It was a great weekend!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

We appreciate your kind review. It was our pleasure to provide you with a "home away from home" during your recent girls getaway. We are delighted you had such a positive experience with our caring staff, clean and comfortable accommodations and complimentary hot breakfast. Our location is convenient for visiting local historic sites, shopping and restaurants and we are glad you enjoyed your time in the area. We hope you will stay with us again should your travels bring you back to Staunton.

Reviewed 8 May 2018

Have been visiting here, off & on, for 15 years. Each time we come, we notice another improvement, i.e., more choices on the complimentary breakfast bar, tubs with non-slip bottoms, new comforters, etc. Our stay this time was most comfortable. We prefer the King Suite that includes a nice couch/pull out bed. TV, WiFi, refrig, microwave...all included, plus freshly popped popcorn every afternoon. Price was a big factor in staying here again. It was JMU graduation weekend, and although we had to pay more, it was far less than most hotel/motels in the area. It’s not the fanciest in the area, but it is clean, comfortable & affordable - and we love that!!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

We love welcoming returning guests back to our hotel and appreciate your loyalty over the years. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We always value feedback from our guests and use it to make improvements and updates throughout the hotel. We are delighted that you continue to notice how we are improving each time you stay with us. It is our goal to provide great value for our guests, regardless of the rate. It looks like we were able to do that for you with clean, comfortable accommodations, great amenities and affordability. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 19 April 2018

My son and I were driving to New Jersey with Staunton as our halfway point, coming from Knoxville, TN. We arrived late at night to a delightful and friendly staff member to welcome us for staying, upon our check in. No attitude, just a smile and friendly disposition...sometimes it's the little things. The beds are fluffy and comfy as are the pillows which make for a great nights sleep. The safe are attentive and friendly, breakfast in jam packed with food from cereal and toast to sausage gravy and homemade biscuits (amazing by the way). Best place to recoup while traveling in my opinion and I'm sure I'll be back.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2018

Thank you for your kind review! We are really happy to see that you found our hotel to be a great place to stay! Our staff takes pride in providing friendly, helpful service and clean, comfortable accommodations for all of our guests. We are pleased that you enjoyed the great variety of foods served during our complimentary hot breakfast. We hope we have won your loyalty and look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 17 April 2018

Comfort-able is the best way to describe my stay at the Comfort Inn Staunton. I needed a place to crash after spending the day hiking through mountains that was close to the beginning of the Blue Ridge Parkway as that was my next venture. I was happily surprised to see a Waffle House literally in the parking lot of the hotel, which I ended up not taking advantage of because the breakfast provided by the hotel was both fulfilling and enjoyable. Staff was overly kind - the front desk made me feel like a star upon arrival! The cleaning staff was even nice enough to let me sleep in an extra 30 mins, which was easy to do because the bed and pillows were incredibly comfortable! Room was clean and spacious. The desk was perfect for some late-night computer work.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Thank you for choosing us for your recent stay in Staunton during your hiking trip. We are delighted you had such a comfortable stay and very much appreciate that you took the time to write about your experience. We are glad to know that our complimentary breakfast was so fulfilling. Our staff strives to provide a "home away from home" atmosphere for each guest. We hope we have won your loyalty and look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Each Third weekend in March, for six years, we travel to the Maple Festival in McDowell & Monterey, VA but we stay in Staunton. After taking the 4 hour drive after work, we arrived at the hotel tired and ready for bed. We were greeted by a warm, friendly, expedient receptionist. The hotel was clean and the bed was super comfy. My favorite part was the the selection of Choice Books, freshly popped popcorn and infused water. The staff was knowledgeable about the area and the local festivals. This Comfort Inn is also close to a restaurants, grocery stores, gas stations and a few quaint shops. Downtown Staunton is just a short drive away.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

We appreciate your kind and thorough review of your recent stay at our hotel. We are pleased our friendly, knowledgeable staff served you so well. It is good to know your room was clean, the bed was comfortable and our location was convenient for you. We are glad you enjoyed the books, popcorn and water available in the lobby. We hope we have won your loyalty and would love to welcome you back again next year when you are in the area for the Maple Festival.