“Very Nice Motel”
Review of Econo Lodge East

Econo Lodge East
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Reviewed 28 September 2010

I stayed two nights at this motel, and was impressed with the quality of the room, the low price and friendliness of the staff. The location was excellent since it was near a Waffle House, Cracker Barrel, and a liquor store. The room was big and the bed was very comfortable. I really liked the pastel colors of the wallpaper, pink/light purple and light blue. I was surprised to see two sinks in the bathroom, which I have haven't seen at any other hotels/motels that I have stayed at. This motel was very quiet, which is a big plus, since I am a very light sleeper, and need it to get a good night's sleep!!! The only down side was there were several bugs in the room (a stink bug, mosquito, and fly), which isn't unusual since the door opened to the outside, causing insects to fly in the room. I did kill the mosquito, but spared the stink bug and fly from their demise!!! I have bugs in my home, so it's not that a big deal!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank countryd00d
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 27 March 2009

We stayed here on the way down to TN, and on the way back. There were no toiletries in the room at all, the vending machines were empty. The heat had one setting that worked. Hot. The breakfast was bare minimum. I was concerned about the cleanliness of the bedding. The bed spread was removed immediately. I will not stay here again, not worth the money.

• Stayed: March 2009
2  Thank nanaswing
Reviewed 30 October 2008

Stayed here for 2 nights in a king smoking room. Large room with fridge and microwave, iron, in room coffee. Everything worked, altho when I turned the heater on to dry some things there was that horrible burned dust smell so I turned it off. Also, altho I smoke and it was a smoking room it reeked of tobacco, I think they should address that, there are products available. I didn't complain to the staff about it, so they may have taken care of it if I had.

Poor complimentary breakfast, white bread, muffins, juice. Tiny breakfast space in the office.

OK location just off both freeways, short drive to historic downtown, near to the Frontier Culture Museum. There is a large supermarket very nearby.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank tumblingweed
Reviewed 1 June 2008

Recently Renovated, the bedspreads looked very nice and I loved that they had both interior and exterior corridors... The rate was very reasonable compared to the other hotels in Staunton. There is a Chili's almost next door. The hotel has all the amenities any traveler is looking for. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank HotelTraveler10
Reviewed 23 September 2007

I needed a place to stay around Staunton, VA so I checked all the major travel sites for the best value. I needed a room for Saturday night, so motel prices averaged ~$70.
I narrowed my search to those places w/ wireless internet, and came upon the Econo Lodge East. The Orbitz price was $65, but I went to the motel's website and booked the room for $55 using the internet user's rate. It's always a good idea to do a broad search using travel sites and then try out the hotel's site once you've decided.

I arrived at 2:30 in the morning and the check-in was quick. I asked for a late checkout and was given an hour extra ('till noon) with no problem. I had a King bed room on the second floor, and it was pleasant enough, the furniture and carpet seemed to have been redone within the last couple of years. A few stains on the carpet, but what motel doesn't have that? No musty smell to the room. The room had a fridge and microwave, iron and ironing board. Most impressive was the speed of the wireless connection, at over 4mb/s.

All in all, I recommend this motel if you are passing through Staunton, VA.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank 72Westy