All reviews pocket door room was clean breakfast lady toilet and shower the breakfast area yogurt blueberries breakfast sandwich choice hotels nice selection would stay here again free breakfast one night stay bed and pillows small room morning breakfast the staff was friendly and helpful
Reviewed 13 June 2016

This hotel was a great value for the price. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the room was clean and comfortable, I loved the spacious step-in shower, the bed was very comfortable (and it had a nice duvet/blanket already on the bed). The last hotel I stayed in had no blanket either on the bed nor in the closet as an option, only a bedspread that was no thicker than a sheet! The bathroom vanity is actually in the bedroom--only the shower and toilet are closed off. Since I was traveling alone, it wasn't a problem for me. However, If two people are in the room, and one wants to sleep in, it might be a bit noisy if the other person is using the sink. The continental breakfast was one of the nicest I've had. Plenty of options. The only drawback is that the breakfast room is very small. When I first came in it was full; in fact some people had carried their breakfast out to the sofas and chairs in the lobby. However, by the time I had gotten my food, it had cleared out a bit, and I was able to get a table. The location is great--close to both I81 and I64. I would definitely stay there again. Oh, and I loved the rubber duck on the bathroom vanity! Since I was invited to take it with me, I did!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Joan R, General Manager at Sleep Inn Staunton, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2016

Thank you and please keep us in mind on future trips in this area. Also keep all Choice hotels on you travel list.

Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

The room was nice. We chose this hotel because it was pet friendly. We appreciate being able to find hotels that will allow pets, but sometimes it's not worth it. Our bed was old and not comfortable at all. We used 6 pillows and still couldn't make them work. The breakfadt wasnt much either. We most likely will never stay at another Sleep Inm.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family

I'm sorry your sleeping arrangements were uncomfortable. It is very difficult to have everyone happy with mattresses and pillows. Our mattresss are 2 years old and Serta Pillow-Top.

Reviewed 9 June 2016

If you are a hotel snob, this hotel is not for you, but if you want a nice room for an overnight stay, I would recommend sleep inn. The location was good, the hotel clean and staff were pleasant, breakfast area small and the bathroom was tiny. It was a little over priced, but was a short drive to down town where restaurants and historic district are. Would I stay there again, yes, but just for one night

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Thank David and there... M

If your a "hotel snob" you possibly would have difficulty staying anywhere. I'm very glad you found our accommodations satisfactory. We do hope we see you again

Reviewed 6 June 2016 via mobile

We only stayed one night while traveling but it was one of the best hotels we've ever been to. Nice staff, great breakfast, comfortable beds, looked renovated, smelt new, everything was sparkling clean, free wifi, free parking, plenty of plug ins , the list goes on! Plenty of tv channels. Breakfast: cereal, hard boiled eggs, waffles, bananas, apples, fruit, doughnuts, breads, toast, jams, jellies, oatmeal, apple juice, orange juice, water, whole and 2%milk. I'm sure I'm leaving stuff out. Would definitely stay again!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your very kind and thourough comments. For me as a manager when a guest says they were so happy with their accommadations they would like to live at our hotel is the ultimate compliment

Reviewed 6 June 2016

This was at a great location off 81 and far enough away to not have any road noise. The room was small but clean with a contemporary finish. There was a small breakfast area with a continental type of fair offered. The staff was very friendly and we would definitely stay there again when in the area.

Room Tip: The king room we had did not have a tub, only a shower but it was fine.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jane B

Yes we are very pet friendly and hope you will choose our hotel when coming through VA, Also thank you for taking time to submit a survey. Guest comments are very helpful.