“Does the job” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Chicago
“Does the job”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2011

This is a good choice when you're traveling down the Interstate and just need a decent place to rest for the night. Rooms are clean, the staff was friendly and helpful, pleasant grounds, the breakfast decent. There was a nice looking outdoor pool being enjoyed by families. There are a couple of gas stations with basics (one sells beer) at the same exit.

It's a traditional motel, so rooms open to the outdoors, you're near the freeway, there's not much in the way of amenities. But it's for the night......relax and enjoy!

Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Newport News, VA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

Booked this hotel online before evacuating Virginia east coast ahead of Hurricane Irene. When I drove up to the office my first impression was that it was old and tired but I thought that maybe it would be okay. I just wanted somewhere clean and comfortable for a few days until the storm passed. I asked for a non-smoking room. I drove from the office and pulled up in the parking lot in front of my room and noticed that the exterior was dirty and run down looking. There were also several shady-looking characters hanging around. When I got to my room it reeked so bad of cigarette/cigar smoke, that it was burning my nose. There was also not one spot on the carpet that did not have a huge stain on it. I called the office and asked if indeed my room was non-smoking and she told me yes! I sat there for a few more minutes considering my options and decided that there was no way I was going to stay there. I packed up my things and went back to the office and told the lady at the desk that I wanted a refund and would not be staying there. She was very rude but she did give me a refund. I should have known the motel would be terrible. The price was only $61.00 per night but the Tripadvisor reviews were good so I thought that maybe it was cheap because it was off the beaten track or something. All I can say is that I am shocked by the good reviews this motel got and can only surmise that they were falsified. I was fully prepared to drive to Roanoke to find a room if I had to, but as it turned out I went to the Hampton Inn a couple of exits up the interstate and managed to get one of two rooms they had left. Of course, it was twice the price, but it was beautiful and clean, and I had a wonderful stay there!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
, Webmaster at Days Inn Staunton/ Mint Springs, responded to this review, 3 July 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Days Inn Staunton Mint Springs for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry that it didn’t work out. I am glad that you were able to get away from Hurricane Irene. I’m sure that was a frightening experience.

• Tripadvisor was contacted about the possibility of falsified reviews.

• The lady working at the desk received additional training in the courteous manner in which our valued guests are to be treated.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again consider staying at Days Inn Staunton Mint Springs. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.
Bent mountain, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

This was a great value. Very clean. Very nice play ground. Very nice swimming pool. Very nice staff. Surrounding countryside very pretty.

But if the "free" breakfast is your top reason for staying someplace. Don't stay here. The breakfast was stale doughnuts, watered-down juice, and tasteless coffee. The dining room was very nice and clean, but the breakfast wasn't much.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the swimming pools are quiet. You don't hear the interstate traffic.