“Nice Family Diner, Hidden Gem in Stafford, VA”

Zibibbo 73 Trattoria Italiana & Bar
Ranked #2 of 155 Restaurants in Stafford
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Zibibbo grape ,also known as Muscat of Alexandria .It is considered and "ancient vine "and some wine experts believe it is one of the oldest genetically unmodified vines still in existence.The vine made its way to Italy in 1773 from the Arabic nations where the name was Zibibbo. Italy had the perfect climate and rich soil for the vine.This made Italy a recognizable country in wine making.
Reviewed 30 September 2018

Based on other reviews, my family had been wanting to try our Zibibbo for some time now. We finally took the opportunity over the weekend. Our first impression was that the interior décor was classy and neat with a good amount of space between tables and the environment was warm and friendly. A gentleman was playing piano which added a nice touch to the atmosphere. Along with wonderful fresh baked bread, we had a couple of shared appetizers and the meatballs stood out above the fried calamari. Our entrees were all delicious and delivered in a very timely fashion. I can highly recommend the Tortelloni Di Parma as it was amazing. The Orecchiette Bari was also quite good as was the Chicken Marsala. They offer a nice selection of mostly Italian Wines and the an array of fantastic homemade deserts. The Tiramisu was especially good. The service was fast and efficient, extremely professional and pleasant. The only small complaint is with restaurants in generally. In a fairly empty dining room, the host choose to seat us at a small table located in close proximity to the bar. This seemed to be more for staff's convenience than our comfort. We certainly could have asked for another table and I am sure we would have been accommodated. I only wish that you didn't have to ask to get a choice seating arrangement in a relatively empty dining room. Otherwise a wonderful experience...good job Zibibbo!

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Two reasons for my rating:

Service (4 Stars) was above average, our waiter was patient and knowledgeable. My only complaint was when asked for a pasta recommendation (twice), should not always recommend the most expensive dish... especially when it isn’t that good.

With regard to the food I give it 2 Stars. The pasta was not home made (if it is home made then chef over cooked our pasta) and most of the sauces were bland and runny.

We were a party of 10 at 8pm, maybe the kitchen wanted a break or couldn’t handle that many meals at once?

Reviewed 9 September 2018

The stretch of I-95 between the Rappahannock River and the Capital Beltway is a culinary desert. Zibibo is an oasis of awesome in the midst of a whole lot of nothing, a restaurant that in terms of ambiance and pure culinary genius could hold it's own in the most competitive urban foodie scene, but that exists in a strip mall along Route One where it's existence is as surprising as fine sushi at a 7-11. It offers elevated traditional Italian cuisine as good as any I've ever had. The tortellini and the bruschetta trio are absolutely amazing, and nothing on the menu ever disappoints. It has the best wine list north of Fredericksburg and south of Quanitco, and creative cocktails to boot.

We've celebrated birthdays and holidays here, and we've never been disappointed or gotten anything but near perfect service. If you're trying to impress a date in the Stafford/Quantico area or if you're stuck on I-95 and craving a top-notch dining experience, Zibbibo 73 is perfect.

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Not a fan. The food is not bad, just nothing to write home about. We have been a few times. Each time, I leave feeling unhappy. Lots of people like it. I am just not one.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Great Staff, Great Food, Great Bar, Great live music, overall a great local place to dine in Stafford!