See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Chose this hotel because we read there were recent renovations and they offered a hot breakfast. Neither was true. Hotel has not been updated and much about this property doesn't work. Rented two rooms for a family vacation. Checked in after a long drive to find the bathroom door barely shut in one room and the ac didn't work in the other. After taking a shower in the first room and finding the tub didn't drain, we went to the front desk and was handed a plunger to fix the tub ourselves! When that didn't work, they did accommodate us and move us a few doors down. Those rooms were slightly better but the bathroom door didn't shut in one and the toilet barely flushed in the other. Found several bugs in both rooms and just stuck it out for the few days we were staying. Breakfast consisted of stale cereal and a very used waffle maker that had no spray to ease the removal of the waffle. There was also stale white bread and powdered donuts. The milk was empty the one day with no one around to refill it and the juice was not real orange juice. The coffee wasn't terrible. The pool was clean and refreshing the two nights we got into it. Check out is at 11 but apparently they require you check out prior to that as housekeeping was banging on both doors and screaming at us at 10:50 that we were supposed to be gone already! Price was right for a family of 6 needing 2 rooms but would never stay here again! Wish I could give it 1/4 star.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2017

I selected this property for a simple reason. The price was cheap, and it was near the airport. Perfect combo before an early morning flight. Obviously you can’t expect the world from an affordable motel, and going in with realistic expectations, I walked away with mixed feelings. Details below:

Check in/Service: No major issues. The lobby is large, a little dingy, and the security glass around the front desk was obviously an afterthought (hopefully not out of necessity). But the check in experience was efficient and the service friendly.

Grounds/Facility: Reasonably well maintained for a budget hotel… at least for the most part. The exterior corridors were clean, the landscaping decent, and the few amenities I used (ice maker, vending, etc) all worked without issue. Due to my early morning departure, I didn’t try the breakfast. The location of this property makes it extremely convenient for use as an airport hotel since the airport driveway is just a few doors down. And yet somehow, there's really no noise from aircraft.

Room: It appears the property (at least some rooms) went through a light renovation since the promotional photos were taken. The bedding, paint, bathroom flooring and TV all appeared newer. Overall, it was actually nicer than I expected from the reviews and low pricepoint.

*The good*
-Very comfortable, newer bed linens. The sheets were nice and soft, the comforter/duvet cover smelled fresh and were nice and warm, and the whole bed was actually quite cozy. The mattress also looked newer and was quite nice.
-Bathroom was a little vintage, but in great condition. No moldy grout/caulking, great water pressure, and spotlessly clean.

*The bad*
-Chairs were all a bit dirty
-Desk legs and area below mini fridge were very dirty

Overall, there’s room for improvement, but not bad for a hotel of this class. A comfortable bed and nice shower goes a long way, and this room provides both. I’m a little mixed on recommending this place, but if you’re looking for a deal and can put up with things being less than perfect, it will probably work fine for you just as it did for me.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Missouri2Mexico
abvisandston, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Richmond Airport/Sandston, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2017

Thank you for your review on your recent stay at our property. We have had some improvements made to some of our rooms and are continuing improvements throughout the property. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you for future stays.

Thank you.

Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

Stayed overnight after the Nascar race in Richmond. Room was clean, a/c worked and we had hot water. It is obvious the motel needs major updates, but for a place to sleep for 6 hours, this worked and the price was right.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
abvisandston, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Richmond Airport/Sandston, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2017

Thank you for your review regarding your stay. we hope you will join us again for Nascar in the spring. We have renovated someof our rooms this past year and we hope to make your furture stay a pleasant experience.

Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

My dad and I stayed overnight after the RIR NASCAR race. We essentially checked in, went to the race, got back at midnight, and slept at the hotel for 6 hours. So, pretty basic needs.

We were satisfied with the hotel. The room was clean, the AC cold, the fridge worked, etc... There's no way to deny that the building and the rooms have seen some hard times, but I think the staff is doing the best with what they have to work with. We arrived a half hour early and were allowed the check in early, which was nice.

This isn't exactly the lap of luxury, but it worked for us. It's one of the more reasonable hotels around and when just spending one night, (or even a few hours) we couldn't see spending two or three times more money at a more expensive hotel.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
airportbw, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Richmond Airport/Sandston, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2016

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Americas Best Value Inn. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. I hope you had a great time at the Nascar races. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 November 2015

I returned this past weekend with about 20 other rooms of my friends. The room was not clean at all. There was a Hugh spider on the wall, the carpet was never vacuumed, there was no light bulbs in the lamps, the lampshades was covered in dust and rust, trash behind the dresser, the bathroom wall was coming off and you could see mold. The bed had no blanket on it. As a matter of fact, no beds had blankets on them. You used a flat sheet for the fitted sheet. The a/c unit was covered in dust balls, so when you did turn it on, dust went every where and I was afraid it was going to cause a fire. I asked all my other friends about there room and they had the same experience. I run a motel and I also do housekeeping and I strive every day to make sure my guest are happy and my rooms are clean. I wish I could say the same thing. The lady that checked us in was ok. She did have a lot of tattoos showing, which in this type of business, they should be covered up. The microwave was dated back to the 1970's. Everyone had a different set up for the ref and microwaves. They are suppose to all be the same in a flag ship hotel/motel.
Breakfast, the donuts where stale, the bread was old looking and they only left a few coffee cups at a time. Than about 8:15 the staff started to come in and they took over the whole breakfast area. There was no room for us to sit and they are not friendly at all. Again, I run a motel and I know the first thing is THE GUEST COME FIRST!!!!!!!!!
This is the last time I will be staying there.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends