I want to first of all applaud them for not jacking up the room rates despite the nearby NASCAR events going on during the weekend. Hotels are notorious for doubling and tripling their normal rates when NASCAR Sprint Cup comes to town (I'm looking at you Bristol, TN area.) However, I was able to get a nice suite (living room area & bedroom) with twin king beds for $130/night during the weekend of the races. The hotel amenities were nice although the restroom facilities (namely the shower) could use some TLC as there was a touch of mildew on some of the grout work. However, you really had to be looking for it to notice. The rooms were spacious, quiet and comfortable. There is an "okay" restaurant on the premises. It is conveniently located near the Richmond Airport, Richmond International Raceway and the I-95/I-64 Interstates. I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone visiting the area and will likely stay here in the future when attending the NASCAR races.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Closet hotel to the Richmond International Airport. Complimentary shuttle within a three mile radius. On site restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Richmond Airport Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Richmond Airport
- Doubletree Sandston
- Doubletree Hotel Sandston
- Sandston Doubletree