“A Step Above The Rest”

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Salem
Fort Worth, Texas
“A Step Above The Rest”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

A very simple hotel with clean facilities, comfortable rooms, friendly staff, and a great location. The room itself was spacious with comfy furniture and a great bed. My bathroom could have passed any white-glove test. Free Wi-Fi is only one of several amenities that any business or leisure traveler will appreciate. There's really not much more that needs to be said here. Stay for a night and see for yourself. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Alan L
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Salem, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Dear Alan L,
Thank you for telling us about your recent visit. We appreciate all of your comments that you made about your room. We will pass these great comments on to our staff. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay.

Thank you again for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Holiday Inn Express Salem
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
King George, Virginia
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Travelled with my wife and granddaughter's Travel Volleyball Team. GM Janice worked with me to be sure my group was handled in a professional manner. Staffer Kristy was a joy to work with every time. The rooms were great, and spotlessly clean, the staff extremely helpful and the breakfast was tasty with many choices.
This hotel is very new and handy to everything in the area. We will return and will recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Every room was fine.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Dear VicF70,

Thank you for telling us about your recent stay. Thank you for mentioning Janice and Kristy. We will pass these comments on to them. We are so glad that we could accommodate you. We hope that you will return again in the future. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay.

Thank you again for your time. We hope to see you gain in the future.

Keene, NH
Reviewed 2 March 2012

We stayed one night here on our way back from Florida to New Hampshire and it was perfect. The views of the mountains while having my coffee and breakfast in the morning were breathtaking. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: Ask the desk for a map of resturants in the area. We did because we were sick of eating at fast food...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank danimal416
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Salem, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Dear danimal416,

Thank you for telling us about your recent stay with us. Our view from the hotel is breathtaking. We are glad that you enjoyed it. We appreciate all of your thoughts and comments and are passing them on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job.

Manassas, VA
Reviewed 5 February 2012

I stayed 1 night at this hotel for personal travel/leisure. I paid for the room and booked directly through Holiday Inn online.

I chose this hotel because of the glowing reviews (I had to see it for myself!) and location/convenience.

Room: Mountain View Room (219)

I chose this option because it was only $5 more, but it's not necessary to pay for the view, you can get the view anywhere around there. Our room was very clean, updated furniture and very nice linens and everything in the room was in working order. If I had to nit pick, I would say the only negative about the room was the plastic mattress cover that crackled when you moved around on the bed. The room looked as if it had been renovated very recently. The bathroom is set up so the sink, show and toilet are all in the same room, there is no sink outside the bathroom. The sink counter is very large so I could put all of my makeup and toiletries and stuff out without a problem. The lighting in the bathroom, however, is very very dark and I had to put my makeup on at the desk. The hotel seemed quiet and I did not hear noises from nearby rooms or hallway noise at all. The heat/ac unit was quiet, no rattling or noises. There is a flashing light over one of the beds from the smoke detector or something, so that could be annoying on that side of the room. There are plenty of plugs in the room to plug things in. The lobby and hallways are all updated and look nice.

Location

It is very easy to get to/from the interstates and main road. There is a Burger King and Gas Station right next door, but restaurants and stores are a couple of miles down the road.

Check In

Check-in was easy, no line, front desk personnel on hand.

Hotel Staff

The hotel staff we talked to (housekeeping, front desk, breakfast area) were all super friendly. Housekeeping did a great job.

Parking

Ample parking, a nice overhang at the front door so you can unpack your car and not get wet when it's raining. They have a number of luggage carts available to use as well.

Restaurant

They offer a full self-serve breakfast buffet every morning. There was an attendant there the entire time to help you or answer questions. There is a pancake making machine (it looks like a small tabletop Xerox machine) where you press a button and 2 pancakes pop out. There is a refrigerator with milks, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, etc. There is a station for cold cereal. There is a station with scrambled eggs, sausage links, sausage gravy and biscuits (I thought the biscuits were quite good). They have a station with a variety of breads and a toaster. They have a warming station with warm, iced cinnamon buns. They have a station of muffins. They have a machine with a variety of juices.

At the coffee bar area, they have a variety of coffee and tea, instant hot chocolate and instant oatmeal.

Pool/Fitness Center

I did not have time to use/visit the fitness equipment.

GPS/Internet

My gps worked fine getting around the entire area and got me to the correct location every time. Cell phone service was perfect everywhere in the hotel. I did not use the internet.

Overall I really enjoyed my stay and highly recommend it to everyone. I would stay here again if I need to be in this area in the future.

Room Tip: Not necessary to pay for the mountain view room.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Asheville
Reviewed 15 January 2012

The hotel was like brand new. Very comfortable and clean. We enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Salem, responded to this review, 16 January 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your comments, and will pass them on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay.

Thanks again for your comments. We hope that you will come stay with us again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
6.9 km away
Quality Inn
#6 of 13 in Salem
0.4 km away
Baymont Inn & Suites Salem Roanoke Area

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Salem? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK