2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$130
View deal
Booking.com$130
Hotels.com$130
Travelocity$130
FindHotel$130
Priceline$129
Traveluro$141
All reviews front desk medical center parking lot excellent hotel great place to stay room was clean stay there again fresh fruit staff was friendly waffles continental breakfast hampton inns kroger graduation interstate vt
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 May 2022

It's a hotel adjacent to a hospital, straightforward, good snack options, and very comfortable. The room was larger than I expected and I slept great on the bed. The trip was for work so I didn't care about location of things to do nearby.

Date of stay: May 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 16 May 2022

We came early (about an hour before the 3 pm check-in time). Melissa "worked" with me and called me when our room was ready. After that, check-in just took a few minutes.

It's a large hotel with limited parking in front. Thus, they have an "overflow" parking lot behind the hotel (which we didn't have to use). If you park there, there's a walkway that connects you to the hotel.

Our room was a comfortable 2-queen bed room. As nice as the room is, it is poorly lit: 2 small overhead lights just inside the doorway, a light between the beds, and a desk lamp.

The bathroom was sizeable. Plenty of counterspace. Definitely, though, a lack of towel bars, just hooks. The shower was great--pressure and heat.

The breakfast was what I've come to expect of a Hampton Inn: 2 or 3 hot dishes (we had egg white frittata, seasoned potatoes, and bacon), some sweets, waffle maker, fresh fruit, and much more. The coffee was really good.

Date of stay: May 2022
Reviewed 26 March 2022

The Salem Hampton Inn seems to be an old hotel but very clean and nice. I was pleased that they served a hot breakfast with many choices. It was very good. The beds were excellent. The room was very clean.

Date of stay: March 2022
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 15 March 2022

GET ALL THE NAMES YOU CAN WHEN BOOKING OR DEALING WITH THIS HOTEL. Management was very rude, didn't offer any options to help, desk staff NOT being held accountable, charged me twice and will not refund my one night stay. Spoke with manager who also offered NO help and hung up the phone on me. BEWARE!!

Room tip: get new staff that know how to deal with people
Date of stay: March 2022
Bob Smith, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salem East - Electric Road, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2022

Ms. Vaughn, You booked 2 nights through a third party as a Traveling Team member and you were charged for 2 nights accordingly. All changes must be made with the third party. At the end of the day yesterday the third party refunded your 1 night admitting their error. We are accountable in that we pay fees to the third party based on reservation nights and all changes must come from the third party after you contact them and they, in turn, contact us. I will not tolerate vulgar language towards my staff or myself and that's why you were abruptly disconnected from our call.

Reviewed 7 March 2022 via mobile

Our very first impression was that both the outside and inside of this hotel were well kept. Our room was clean and bright, however, the bathroom floor had been cleaned only in the high traffic areas and not in the corners or along the fixtures. The staff was friendly and welcoming especially the nice lady keeping the breakfast area clean!

Trip type: Travelled with family