Econo Lodge Ruther Glen
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Comfort Inn(Ruther Glen)
View Hotel
Motel 6 Ruther Glen(Ruther Glen)
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanwould stay here againmotelashlandwifi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

This hotel was old, but clean. Beds were old, and the doors were sloppily repainted. Continental breakfast is very basic and low quality. The mattresses seemed to be old too. In my opinion, the price exceeded the quality of the facility. Staff was not overly friendly but adequate.

If staying in the area again, I would consider is hotel but not sold on it.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 February 2017

Needed a handi-capped room for 5 days while working carshow in Doswell,Va. I called many places and this was the only motel to fill my needs. Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was big,clean and quiet. Breakfast was typical for Econo. Rates were reasonable for having many events going on that weekend.

Room Tip: Bring your coffee pot
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 January 2017 via mobile

Don't stay here!! It showed 3 stars on website but it's really a 1 star. Found a hair on the pillow and stains on pillow case and blanket. Walls were dirty and so was the carpet. This place looks really nice from the outside. Don't let it fool you.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 October 2016

My wife and I stay here everytime we travel to Ruther Glen VA. Our stays are usually a week or more. We enjoy this Econolodge for its friendly staff and very clean rooms. I would recommend this Econolodge to those traveling to Ruther Glen or stopping for the night.

Stayed: October 2016
Reviewed 30 September 2016

We were unexpectedly on I-95 in the middle of the night and HAD to get some sleep. Most places had no availability, and we found this Econolodge at 4AM. We told the on-duty manager that we needed a few hours sleep, and would vacate by 9-10AM.

Well, it had beds, I can say that. But the sheets had holes in them, the towels were see-through, and I doubted the cleanliness of the room. We slept in our clothes. Anthony Melchiorri would have had a blast taking this room apart.

At 8:15AM someone tried to break into our room. Massive banging on the door and the lock barely (but fortunately) held. We yelled HEY and the banging stopped. It could have been housekeeping or a misdirected guest, but we got up (after 3.5 hours sleep) and got out of there FAST.

Not recommended. At all.