See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 September 2016

We were unexpectedly on I-95 in the middle of the night and HAD to get some sleep. Most places had no availability, and we found this Econolodge at 4AM. We told the on-duty manager that we needed a few hours sleep, and would vacate by 9-10AM.

Well, it had beds, I can say that. But the sheets had holes in them, the towels were see-through, and I doubted the cleanliness of the room. We slept in our clothes. Anthony Melchiorri would have had a blast taking this room apart.

At 8:15AM someone tried to break into our room. Massive banging on the door and the lock barely (but fortunately) held. We yelled HEY and the banging stopped. It could have been housekeeping or a misdirected guest, but we got up (after 3.5 hours sleep) and got out of there FAST.

Not recommended. At all.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carol B
Reviewed 25 September 2016

My friend and I stayed here when we went to the states fair. She noticed peeling paint in the shower. We did have a pony fridge and coffee maker.A.C. works great. She needed a extra blanket which they provided. 1 hour from D.C. so took a day trip there our second day.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Deanna C
Reviewed 24 July 2016

Wonderful staff, big clean and comfortable rooms, bed is firm, bathroom is very clean, quiet location and very affordable and 5 minutes to Kings Dominion. BEST IN THE AREA...makes no sense to overspend when this place rates a 9.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2016 via mobile

We were on our way back from a cruise, and our car broke down not far from this hotel. Stayed at on before and wasn't too bad. I was actually surprised and pleased with the room that we received. The price was right and the room wasn't too bad neither! Thank you Econo Lodge!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2016 via mobile

I've been staying for a few weeks now, and it appears to be a little older but very clean. It doesn't have all of the bells and whistles, but if you need a fridge and microwave just ask. The rooms are clean the bathroom in my room is cleaner than some I've had at more expensive hotels. Over all I feel clean, and the staff walks the parking lot at night so I feel that my car will be safe there

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business