“A full couse for a resonable price.”
Review of Mission Bbq

Mission Bbq
Ranked #6 of 544 Restaurants in Roanoke
Reviewed 4 May 2017

Have to try the peach cobbler!!! I had the pulled pork and briquette and it was great... along with the fries and Mac N Cheese. Would stop there again if ever in the neighborhood.

Erica Z, Guest Relations Manager at Mission Bbq, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words and feedback! We are so happy to hear that you were able to try our Peach Cobbler. We look forward to the next opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 26 April 2017

We loved the fact that this restaurant honors veterans and USA! All the staff are very nice and helpful, service was quick and the place was very clean! My wife and I both tried a two sampler of BBQ so we could share and decide what we liked the best. Neither of us could decide because it was all so good. The tables have 7 different sauces and we did find two that we like the best. One key bit of information for first timers, you can get peach cobbler as a side, get the peach cobbler as a side, in fact you might want to make both sides the peach cobbler and then get peach cobbler for desert! Best peach cobbler I've ever had! We live about 50 miles away but will be back, it's worth the drive! I highly recommend anyone who likes BBQ to give this place a try, you won't be disappointed. By the way did I mention they have peach cobbler?

Erica Z, Guest Relations Manager at Mission Bbq, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2017

Cathy and Tony, Thank you so much for your kind words and feedback. We are so happy to hear that you both were able to stop in and enjoy some chow with us. We are especially happy to hear that you were able to try our Seasonal Side Peach Cobbler - it is personally one of my favorites! We look forward to the next opportunity to welcome you in.

Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

Food is always great. The manager was very nice big heart. My sons loved it they want to come back. The peach cobbler was wonderful . Family is important and this so obvious to this business.

Reviewed 28 March 2017

Mission BBQ has a great atmosphere that pays tribute to military veterans. Armed services paraphernalia adorns the wall of this smokehouse in place of the vintage signs and Texas antiques you might find in similar establishments.

The sauce assortment is excellent. I could not find one I didn't like, and just loved the Carolina style vinegar-based stuff in the big bottle.

The pulled pork was mouth watering. In contrast to that, on my two-meat plate, sat a sausage link that was less than appetizing. It was stuffed with some obscure cheese that made the link a bit rubbery. Skip it.

On another trip I tried the brisket and wasn't disappointed. The mac and cheese was really tasty, but the cobbler was unremarkable.

Overall, a decent place to eat with good service, but a lack of follow through on perfecting some dishes gives it a sore spot.

Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

Roanoke is certainly not known as a BBQ hotspot, so finding this place, and it's very good BBQ offerings, was a real treat!! Pulled pork was great, as was the brisket. I did think the corn bread was a bit dry, but everything else was plenty good! They have several sauces to choose from, and my favorite was the Smoky Mountain. Good food, good prices, good service. That's a winning combination in anybody's book!!

Erica Z, Guest Relations Manager at Mission Bbq, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words and feedback! We are so happy to hear that you were able to stop in and enjoy some chow with us. We are even happier to hear that everything was much-enjoyed. We look forward to the next opportunity to serve you.