“Salsa Bar and Good Burritos”

Alejandro's Mexican Grill
Ranked #72 of 485 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 17 August 2016

Enchiladas are my favorite Mexican food but have yet to find a place in Roanoke do them to my standards. However, the salsa bar, limited chips and awesome burritos make for a nice treat. The atmosphere is lacking but a large margarita or tasty mojito fades the lack of ambience, nicely. ;) I recommend the Chile Colorado Burrito.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

Good food, good service and the salsa bar is genius. Everyone loves chips and salsa while you wait for your meal to arrive- this was nice because you can try all kinds of flavors. We had a good meal and plenty of leftovers for the next day.

Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

I try to stop in every time I am in town. Good food and I love the chips and salsa bar.I would recommend trying them.

Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

I often qualify that I rate Roanoke restaurants on a curve so I'll do that again here. Alejandro's wouldn't be top shelf in a city with deeper a culinary bench but for Roanoke it is top shelf - the best Mexican restaurant in town. Yes, the decor is a little run down, and yes, the service can be a little slow. However, the food is excellent and they offer a great menu with lots of options. The salsa bar is unrivaled in Roanoke. Word of caution, if the menu states something is spicy, IT IS! Some of there salsa and dishes really bring the heat.

Reviewed 23 June 2016

The food was good but service was very poor because they didn't have enough wait staff on shift so not her fault. Drinks were very good but took forever to get. It was literally 2 Servers and they were hustling best as possible. Long wait for drinks, longer wait for food because waitress was stretched thin AND it was after 5 so dinner crowd started migrating in. Salsa Bar was good and thank goodness it was self service or we would have had to wait for that too. Maybe it was just that particular evening but that would prevent me from going back to that location. I would say that this location would not be good to bring kids to this location because it's downtown and most people are after work patrons or happy hour drink crowd.