“Brenda made our day” 4 of 5 bubbles

Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport
Ranked #9 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
“Brenda made our day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

after a long day of driving we stopped with no reservation and met Brenda who greeted us with such enthusiasm, unbelievable hospitality - she goes beyond the call of duty to make our day - she is a super plus for this staying at this hotel chain

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Lenexa, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

I was not impressed by this hotel due to customer service. When we checked in the lady working the front desk was very curt and rude. I realize it was late, but she didn't have to have such an attitude. She had the back of her desk piled with personal junk and it looked very messy. While I understand she may need her things, I don't find having personal hygeine items on display a sign of a very professional establishment. Then she didn't say anything about our dog until we checked into the room when she rudely called us and told us "we had to pay an additional fee." Which was fine. We normally like to stay at the Laquinta when we travel with our pets because the pets are free. We didn't realize there was a fee, and the lady was so rude about it. She even charged us more then the $25 pet fee, when it said $25. But it was late and we wanted to go to bed. Since it was only an additional $1 and some cents we let it go. The room was okay but it wasn't anything special. We did use our choice card and were able to get a late check out at 2pm which was nice. We did pay in cash and had to leave a $50 deposit at the front desk. We tried to put it on our card, but she didn't know how to do this. The following day when we went to check out and get our deposit back yet again the lady working the front desk was extremely rude. My mom asked for her deposit and instead of addressing my mother directly when speaking, she looked at the gentleman next to her and said, she was going to check a room. My mother had no clue she was talking about her room because she didn't address her directly. The next thing we witnessed was this beligerent lady bursting through the hotel door and we weren't checked out yet. I was in the room packing the rest of the stuff, and finishing getting dressed. I couldn't believe the lady came in the room without knocking, and she startled me and my dog. I have a wonderful guard dog, and if she feels I am in danger she will bark and protect me. The lady ran out of the room screaming about being attacked by my dog when my dog just barked at this intruder. I asked the lady why she didn't knock and she said, because when you check out your gone, and I said " Well we're not checked out yet, we're in the process of leaving" She stormed away because she knew she was wrong, and went back to the front desk to begin yelling at my mother about this same incident. When my mother tried to explain to her that she wasn't told "someone would be coming to check the room before she got her deposit back," this rude lady stated, "the woman the night before told her someone would have to check the room before the deposit would be returned to her" when my mom told her "no one told her this", and even though the lady wasn't there the night before, she started screaming at my mom stating my mom was wrong and was told about this. My mother was very upset by this unruly womans outburst and told her that she would be calling management which we will do. She also told her that "employees don't speak to customers in such a rude and demeaning way". The lady was huffing and puffing, and said she "didn't care if my mom called management" which leads us to believe she can care less for her job. This was a Monday morning when we checked out. I don't recall this women's name, but she should learn how to treat the public if she is going to work in the public. This hotel was nice and clean, and the beds were comfortable. There was a fridge in the room, but there was nothing so special about it that we would come back when the customer service was so terrible. There are hundreds of other hotels where the management hires employees who are nice and treat their customers with respect. I don't recommend this hotel to anyone because if employees represent an establishment this hotel rates at the bottom of the totem poll.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere where you are treated with respect.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Marion, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

I was very pleased with my stay at this hotel. The hotel was well kept and looked new. I was told that the hotel was fifteen years, it did not look it.The rooms all had microwaves and fridges in them. The bed was very comfortable. The showers had good water pressure and plenty of hot water. It had overall wonderfull atmosphere to it. I noticed that it was a gold award winner. This meant that it was in the top ten percent as far as customer satisfaction and I can believe this

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Lewes, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

I was impressed with this particular property. It's one of those properties where you don't notice anything, as everything is as it should be. Meticulously clean. But above all, friendly, attentive staff. Despite being located near the airport, it was a quiet location. Check in staff advised us that nearby restaurants offered discounts upon presentation of their hotel key card. There were several nearby, within sight of the hotel, making for great convenience.

I don't hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Doswell, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

I stayed here on my first business trip to Roanoke. The room was excellent!

I got some work done at the desk, called in my lunch and it only took me 10 minutes to drive to the restaurant since the Valley View mall is right across the road.

At night, the bed was comfy and I enjoyed the view of the road and some of the planes. I didn't hear any noise and I woke up refreshed.

The hotel is so clean and the staff is friendly. Plus, you get a discount at some of the restaurants if you show your key card.

If you're coming to Roanoke, stay here, you'll like it.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business