“Lunch away from the hospital”
Review of McAlister's Deli

McAlister's Deli
Ranked #81 of 518 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: Deli
Description: Home of hand-crafted sandwiches, always fresh salads, giant stuffed spuds and our Famous Sweet Tea. It's always better to give. And at McAlister's, we give as much as we can, including free refills, big portions and big smiles. It's easy to be giving when you're a giver by nature. And we're givers. So as soon as you step through our doors, you can relax and expect to get a little more. Whether it's getting free refills on your sweet tea without ever leaving your seat or being served portions always a bit bigger than your appetite, giving you more of what you like is what we like to do. That's why you'll always be treated like an old friend and be greeted with a warm smile even if we just met.
Reviewed 19 July 2017

This location is not too far from Memorial, and we thought it would give us more options. My step-mother has dietary restrictions, so this was a good choice for us. She got the grilled chicken plain and she loved it! My husband and I split the nachos, and had soup. His broccoli and cheese was awesome, but my chicken tortilla soup was a little too spicy. Overall, it was a great lunch though. The lady taking our order was awesome and so patient with our decision making. It did get pretty busy with customers, but the staff stayed on top of it and it flowed smoothly.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

My husband and I were wanting something fresh and light. I chose the special 1/2 sandwich with a cup of soup and he ordered the king club special with chips. We both got cookies,his macadamia nut and I got the oatmeal raisin.....to die for. Enjoy!

Reviewed 9 May 2017

Having never been here I did not know what to expect. I ordered the club sandwich and it was flavorless. A single strip of the thinnest bacon and some lettuce I would consider scraps. I will not be spending my money here.

Amber C, Guest Relations Manager at McAlister's Deli, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

Hello Jim. We would like to learn more about your experience. Can you e-mail me at guestsupport@peakrestaurants.com with the date and time of your visit?

Reviewed 22 February 2017

I meet with groups of friends there often for lunch. It is always packed. Love the ice tea. I have eaten at the one on Richmond and often in Roanoke. Great atmosphere!

Reviewed 15 January 2017

Stopped in for lunch and a takeout for a colleague. Excellent variety of sandwiches and exceptionally friendly, quick service. After we ate, we ordered takeout for a friend and got it very quickly.