“Suprisingly good, very worthwhile!”

Taubman Museum of Art
Ranked #5 of 74 things to do in Roanoke
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

The museum is housed in a striking building, reminding one of Gehry's architecture (but not by him). Inside are very good museum spaces filled wth modern/contemporary art, mostly in special temporary exhibits. The museum has free admission, only charges for one special exhibition. We saw 'Play', definitely worthwhile. It may be that we underestimated Roanoke, but we did not expect the array of surprising and stimulating art exhibits. Worth a detour!

All reviews
"nice variety"
"judith"
in 23 reviews

Reviewed 7 September 2017

This is a nice museum. Only 1 floor but with beautiful work. I really like dropping in since it is totally FREE. The collection is nice, but the exhibits rotate all the time and bring in interesting work.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

This was my second visit to this museum. I was there in June and I was equally impressed with the exhibits as I was then. It is a beautiful facility and FREE!!! But please give a donation:-)

Reviewed 15 August 2017

I had been once before and was unimpressed! However, I had since that since admission is now free and we were just down the street so thought it would be nice to take a look around. I am sure glad we did as I enjoyed this visit much more. This is much more a modern art museum which normally I am not as much of a fan but I enjoyed the exhibits this time around!

I also wanted to note that the lady at the front desk reception was very sweet, informative and helpful!

PatWTMA, Guest Relations Manager at Taubman Museum of Art, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us! Visit again soon as the exhibitions are always changing so check our website for details!

See more reviews
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

The museum itself, is a gorgeous modern building, and I would recommend visiting just to see the large glass windows/walls and glass staircase. The staff was very friendly and informative. There weren't as many exhibits or art peices as I expected and a lot of it was strange modern exhibits I wouldn't necessarily consider art, but there were a couple beautiful pieces that made the visit worth it.

Been to Taubman Museum of Art? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK