All reviews indoor and outdoor pools starbucks coffee room service fitness center first floor hotel restaurant hot tub flat screen tv beds were very comfortable roanoke area sheraton xavier shula pet bellman refrigerator highway
Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

This place is the WORST!!! I went to check in on a beautiful Friday afternoon and had to wait in line for 20 minutes to get checked in, and there were only 3 people in front of me. By the time I checked in there were 20 people behind me waiting to get checked in. I asked the front desk clerk to get the manager so he could get some help. He finally returned and said she would be out in “5 or 10 minutes”. Meanwhile the line was getting even longer. I went to find the manager and she was trying to clear room inventory and refused to come out and wait on customers. This place is obviously mismanaged and has such poor systems that they don’t have more staff on site to help. Especially if they are having computer issues the need MORE staff, not a manager hiding at her desk. While I appreciate they had computer issues, that is when the GM needs to step up and get more staff out there greeting guests.

To add insult to injury I tried calling Sheraton Customer Service and after 23 minutes of being on hold, they still didn’t have any one that could help address the situation. When I’ve had issues before, Hilton Customer Service is easy to reach and very helpful. Not so with Sheraton. My last stay in a Sheraton!

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

This place desperately needs a makeover. Every inch of the hotel is dated with the exception of the lobby and work-out room. We booked a suite and there were red stains on the old carpeting and dirt on the peeling wallpaper. The AC did not work well either in the rooms or the common areas which made for a very uncomfortable experience overall. The hallways smelled like a locker room and the common bathrooms had no hand towels or toilet paper for the entire weekend. The services was not up to the standards one would expect from a Sheraton- no room service, the facilities were not well kept and the staff was not very responsive to guest room issues. Most likely because they were seriously understaffed on a busy ND - VA Tech game weekend. I called the front desk the first night and asked for two extra pillows and I was advised that it would be at least an hour because there was only one front desk person on duty and she would have to run to housekeeping herself to get them. If they would simply provide more than two pillows on each bed or put an extra pillow and blanket in the closet of each guest room, this would be a non-issue and their guests would be happier and more comfortable. The beds were hard and uncomfortable. There were dogs barking loudly in the middle of the night.

The hotel serves a $14 breakfast buffet each morning which is equivalent to what one would expect to get for free at a Holiday Inn Express. They are also understaffed and the service is terrible. The wait staff leaves people waiting for a table for 10-15 minutes when there are plenty of tables available hoping that they will just leave and not eat there. All they have to do is bring coffee and juice since it’s a buffet, but they act like even getting coffee is a tremendous effort. The food was so bad that we really only went there for the coffee on our last morning, waited 10 minutes for a table, another 10 to get coffee that was more like stained water. When we asked for a fresh pot, we waited another 10 minutes. I wanted another cup because I needed to wake up, but got frustrated with the wait and left. Tried to get a Starbucks at the “cafe” in the hotel but was advised that they were out of iced coffee. This was literally the worst hotel experience I’ve had since I could afford to spend more than $100 per night on a room!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2018

Nothing special besides the service. But we had a great stay. Everything needs updating, but the staff and service are spot on. The hotel and staff had everything we needed, but they do need improvements.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2018

Bathroom was very dirty. It had either mold or dirt in bathtub. Black lining in grout . AC was very loud, we could not sleep.
Very stingy with shampoo and other supplies. Towels were few. No restaurant. Coffee shop closed 11 AM

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2018

This hotel could use some updating, but it’s nice overall. There is an indoor pool and gym. The lobby is spacious and well decorated, but the staff is slow when checking in guests. I’ve stayed here twice and both times check in was slow. Maybe better training for the staff? The rooms could be better. The tubs are old and need to be renovated, but it isn’t nasty enough to not want to shower. The beds are comfy and the other furniture gives a homey feeling. The hallways stinks and you can tell there is moisture in halls. Each room has a balcony which is nice, but there aren’t many great views because of where the hotel is positioned. It’s nice if you want a cheaper hotel that gets the job done.

Date of stay: September 2018