Lowest prices for your stay
$99
Free cancellation until 14/08/22
$99
Free cancellation until 14/08/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
ZenHotels.com
$96
HolidayInn.com$99
Hotels.com$99
Hurb$104
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 May 2019

I stayed 2 nights at the Roanoke Holiday Inn Express on Starkey Road April 5/6 2019. This place is Nasty. I stayed in a handicap accessible room, and (1) There was someone else's hair all over the shower floor. I called and complained, and they did come try to clean it up but when the girl left, I there was also hair on the pull-down seat. (2) When I raised the seat so I didn't have to sit on it, and there was black mold on the underside of the seat and on the fittings against the wall. So, I had to take sponge baths during my entire stay. (3) On the last morning of my stay, I awoke with a large roach in my bed. All they had to say was, "We're sorry that happened." They didn't even care, and it clearly shows they know it and choose to do nothing about it.

Room tip: Use Hilton Hotels.... they are always clean and worth the extra few bucks.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke-Tanglewood-Rt 419&I581, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2019

Hello cleangirl623,

Thank you for staying at our Holiday Inn Holiday Inn Roanoke-Tanglewood-Rt 419&I581.

We always take pride in making our hotels as your home away from home. I appreciate that you took the time to inform us about your experience. Cleanliness has always been a big factor for all our brands, it is what defines us. I am sorry that there were loop holes in our Housekeeping service. Your thoughts have been shared to the housekeeping team and this will be addressed rightly. Additionally, I'd like to follow up on your concerns that's why I've sent you a private message.

We hope you will join us again in the future and impart a better stay.

Warm thoughts,

Deborah R.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 29 April 2019

Room was comfortable, clean and staff was very nice. Hotel offers free continental breakfast including biscuits, gravy, eggs, potatoes, muffins, sweet rolls, bagels, oatmeal, cereal, fruit, etc. Only negative was that I stayed there on a Monday night and again on Friday night of the same week, different floors, and both times the refrigerator had leftover food from a previous guest (no, I didn't eat it!) and I could not get the coffee machine to work and neither could several others in our group. Not a big problem since coffee was available in the lobby and dining room.

Room tip: I'm not sure of the price range of this hotel as it was part of a package tour
1  Thank chjones50
Reviewed 16 April 2019 via mobile

Breakfast is delicious. Steve was our waiter and he was wonderful. We really enjoyed ourselves. If I need to come back, this is where I will stay. My cancer treatments are going well and I am doing very well.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2019

After carefully reading reviews and finding this may be the best option of our buck, we were sorely mistaken. I booked a number of rooms for a conference that several women would be traveling to. My first hint we were in trouble was the lobby. It is woefully shabby with peeled wall paper, paint and low ceilings. Upon receipt of the key, we were advised of a free breakfast compliments of the conference (more on this later). Off to the rooms we go. Oh boy...several of us had to "de-hair" the beds, shower backed up for another guest and blood stains found on the comforter in another. Sigh...I was truly mortified for my friends as I was the one that made the reservations. I have extremely high standards, but due to budget constraints this was the option. No matter what the budget, no excuse the place not being clean. The "free breakfast" was yogurt and toast- with a broken toaster. During the conference we overheard a woman share that she found bedbugs at the same place. Thankfully this was just an overnight stay,.

Room tip: Do your research.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke-Tanglewood-Rt 419&I581, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2019

Hi Kranew,

Thank you for the valuable time you've given in order to write us a review regarding your recent stay at our Holiday Inn Roanoke-Tanglewood-Rt 419&I581. I’m so sorry to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations this time because of the lack of cleanliness in the hotel, the broken toaster, and the peeled wallpaper and paint in the lobby. We always aim to provide the best experience to our valued guests and feedback like yours helps us to supervise each and every one of our hotels worldwide. I have shared all of your comments to the hotel’s management for review in future upgrades of our hotel. This would help us in further improving the quality and service we provide to our beloved guests.

We value all of our guests, and we hope you will reconsider staying with us in the future, so we can make it up to you and provide you with a better experience next time.

Warm regards,

Rio R.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 27 February 2019

Largely due to the layout and gracious staff, this hotel helps make Mysticon one of my favorite conventions to attend.

The rooms are serviceable, I am not going to a convention to lounge around all day and watch TV, though I imagine they would be fine for that. The staff is never anything but attentive and quick to provide what was needed.

The food received some down votes from people I know but it was fine by me. The breakfast buffet is reasonably priced and has the usual bacon-eggs-sausage-biscuits. Only had lunch there once and the burger was fine. With so many other restaurants around I would only use them if I had zero time to do otherwise.

As a venue for a midsize convention one could hardly ask for more. The staff actually seem to enjoy having us around, which is a refreshing change from some that barely tolerate costumed weirdos.

Date of stay: February 2019