Lowest prices for your stay
$99
Free cancellation until 14/08/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
$99
FindHotel
$91
HolidayInn.com$99
Hotels.com$99
Hurb$104
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 April 2019 via mobile

Breakfast is delicious. Steve was our waiter and he was wonderful. We really enjoyed ourselves. If I need to come back, this is where I will stay. My cancer treatments are going well and I am doing very well.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2019

After carefully reading reviews and finding this may be the best option of our buck, we were sorely mistaken. I booked a number of rooms for a conference that several women would be traveling to. My first hint we were in trouble was the lobby. It is woefully shabby with peeled wall paper, paint and low ceilings. Upon receipt of the key, we were advised of a free breakfast compliments of the conference (more on this later). Off to the rooms we go. Oh boy...several of us had to "de-hair" the beds, shower backed up for another guest and blood stains found on the comforter in another. Sigh...I was truly mortified for my friends as I was the one that made the reservations. I have extremely high standards, but due to budget constraints this was the option. No matter what the budget, no excuse the place not being clean. The "free breakfast" was yogurt and toast- with a broken toaster. During the conference we overheard a woman share that she found bedbugs at the same place. Thankfully this was just an overnight stay,.

Room tip: Do your research.
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke-Tanglewood-Rt 419&I581, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2019

Hi Kranew,

Thank you for the valuable time you've given in order to write us a review regarding your recent stay at our Holiday Inn Roanoke-Tanglewood-Rt 419&I581. I’m so sorry to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations this time because of the lack of cleanliness in the hotel, the broken toaster, and the peeled wallpaper and paint in the lobby. We always aim to provide the best experience to our valued guests and feedback like yours helps us to supervise each and every one of our hotels worldwide. I have shared all of your comments to the hotel’s management for review in future upgrades of our hotel. This would help us in further improving the quality and service we provide to our beloved guests.

We value all of our guests, and we hope you will reconsider staying with us in the future, so we can make it up to you and provide you with a better experience next time.

Warm regards,

Rio R.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 27 February 2019

Largely due to the layout and gracious staff, this hotel helps make Mysticon one of my favorite conventions to attend.

The rooms are serviceable, I am not going to a convention to lounge around all day and watch TV, though I imagine they would be fine for that. The staff is never anything but attentive and quick to provide what was needed.

The food received some down votes from people I know but it was fine by me. The breakfast buffet is reasonably priced and has the usual bacon-eggs-sausage-biscuits. Only had lunch there once and the burger was fine. With so many other restaurants around I would only use them if I had zero time to do otherwise.

As a venue for a midsize convention one could hardly ask for more. The staff actually seem to enjoy having us around, which is a refreshing change from some that barely tolerate costumed weirdos.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 February 2019 via mobile

We stayed here as part of a convention on the property. It is an older property in need of a remodel. People are obviously smoking in the building; you can smell it. Our room reeked of cigarette smoke.

We ate in the hotel restaurant and both my wife and I got sick. There are plenty of places to eat nearby go to me of them.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank ClayE753
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke-Tanglewood-Rt 419&I581, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2019

Hi ClayE753,

Thank you for staying with us. We warmly welcome all guest at our property, and I'm sorry for the troubles caused by the smell of smoke in your room. I understand your stay with us is less than satisfactory due to the lapses encountered at the restaurant. Our hotel is situated in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains and I hope you were able to visit the attractions nearby after the convention. Your comfort is our top priority and I have alerted our housekeeping team to do intensive cleaning to eliminate this kind of issue. I have relayed your feedback to the restaurant crew and I am certain they will do the right actions for future improvements.

It is our hope that you will return, so we can show you that we care. We look forward to showing you our developments.

Happy to assist,

Clarisse S.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 24 February 2019 via mobile

We stayed here for the Virginia High School Leagues State Tournament because our team was staying there as well. We stayed in the 5th floor in a king room with a sleeper sofa. When first entering the room there was a strange smell. The beds and bathroom were clean, but on the desk chair and the floor under the desk there were food particles, looked like the breading from fried chicken. We used the sleeper sofa for my son and upon pulling it out we noticed 2 large beer cans, one unopened and one opened and spilled on the carpet (we suspect the smell was the spilled beer) we threw them away, but didn't complain to the staff. There was a fridge, coffee maker and microwave, all clean. The windows were huge and we had a nice view. The location was good, close to restaurants and shopping and to the Salem Civic Center where the wrestling state championship competition was held. There is no included breakfast, but each wrestler got one breakfast voucher and our son said it wasn't that good. There was a bar there with a DJ and my husband enjoyed it. The TV was modern, with a good selection of channels. There was free coffee available in the lobby in the morning. The bed and pillows were super comfy. The second night we were there the people across the hall from us were extremely loud, having a party. When we called the front desk they came up and asked them to be quiet and they were the rest of the night.

Trip type: Travelled with family