Lowest prices for your stay
$99
Free cancellation until 09/10/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
$99
FindHotel
$97
Hotels.com$99
HolidayInn.com$99
Hurb$104
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 February 2019

Nice quiet, very clean hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. I plan to stay there agian.
Everyone in our group told me I should hold more meeting three. The conference room was great, quiet and roomy and the sound system was excellent.

Room tip: Every room was nice
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 February 2019 via mobile

After reading all the great reviews, I booked a king room. I was so disappointed. Dirty carpet, chipped furniture, slow running drains, no water pressure. The mattress was new and very comfortable so I can give the hotel 1 star. We ended up moving to a new hotel knowing this room was not worth what they charge. Very disappointed.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
PatelR158, General Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke-Tanglewood-Rt 419&I581, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2019

Hello Letty B,

We are glad you enjoyed our New Mattress. At the same time we are sorry to learn that you were not happy with some part of your stay. We take your feedback very seriously and will further investigate the points you mentioned on your review.

We hope to serve you again in Near Future. Should you have additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach me directly at rohan@hitwva.com.

Rohan Patel

Reviewed 1 December 2018

We were quite pleased upon arriving at this hotel. The room was perfect - very clean and comfortable. The location was perfect. There is a lot of shopping, restaurants and while we were there we took in a movie.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2018 via mobile

My stay was only one night, and that was more than long enough. I have stayed in many similarly priced motels and hotels in the course of innumerable road trips. (FYI, I paid a rate of $129 for the night, plus fees and taxes.)

This place is sadly overdue for a major renovation. Really depressing. I can only imagine that many of the reviewers who were happy have had very limited experience traveling around the US at hotels and motels at this general price- point. Anyone with lots of travel experience at this level could tell that Holiday Inn Tanglewood Roanoke hasn’t been meaningfully refreshed on the guest room/upstairs hallways level in way too long.

Starting with the positives:

The lobby is renovated and very chic, with a wall of windows and on-trend decor. (But don’t let it fool you! Your own room ain’t gonna be like that! See below.)

The desk clerk on duty, a young man named Sai, was super friendly and helpful. Snaps to him.

That’s it for the positives.

Here’s why I wouldn’t stay here again:

My room had a textile-deep unpleasant odor, with notes of stale B.O. and way too many guests walking with wet, dirty shoes way too many times on the ancient, dreary carpeting. The dingy dark pattern can hide the stains but not the smell.

Ditto my bed. Smelling the scent of other people while I go to sleep? Yuck.

Really bad room lighting. Like, bad enough to be a problem for even one seemingly endless evening. Significantly worse than is usual today, with hotels using harsh compact fluorescent or low-output LED bulbs. In fact, one of my lamps was not even plugged into any outlet – because, as it turned out, there was no outlet anywhere near it. Why was it even there?

How many times are they going to paint over problems at this Holiday Inn ? I mean that both literally and figuratively. Honestly, how much longer is this usually pretty decent chain going to wait before renovating/updating this particular location? Depressing! I wish I had taken some photos to illustrate, but I just wanted to get out of there.

Again, the desk clerk the other workers I interacted with at this hotel were very pleasant and helpful. The blame for the condition of this place clearly lies with the corporation, not the local staff. Maybe enough reviews like mine will get them to move it up the renovation waitlist. In the meantime, avoid my mistake and spend your $129 plus tax a night — or whatever — somewhere else.

Trip type: Travelled solo
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke-Tanglewood-Rt 419&I581, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2018

Hello Slatamoya,

Thank you for choosing us and for taking the time to leave a review. I am happy to learn that you found our staff commendable and that you like the new lobby area.

On the other hand, it is unfortunate that you were not able to enjoy your stay due to the condition of the room. We are very sorry for we failed to make your stay more comfortable and worthwhile. Your feedback has been taken into account and will be shared with our management team. We are confident that necessary steps will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 17 November 2018

The hotel is clean, it has white bedding which I like cause you can tell they are clean. Comfortable beds and pillows. Friendly and helpful staff. Near lots of restaurants a mall and things to do. The food at the hotel is good but really expensive (crab cake appetizer and strips of steak on a salad with dressing almost $40). My one disappointing thing is the free bar snacks (hor d'oeuvres) for happy hour. They consisted of mini bagel pizzas (like the frozen ones from the grocery store) on one night and some kind of potato casserole on another night.

1  Thank Rosemary S