“Great venue for Conferences of 200 attendees or less”

Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood
Ranked #12 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Newport, Virginia
“Great venue for Conferences of 200 attendees or less”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Our organization has used this hotel for over 15 years to host a training conference. Attendance ranges from 50-200 and each time they have been very gracious to meeting our needs, Rooms have been recently remodeled and there is new furniture througout,

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ltlmrmd
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Clay, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Everything was very clean and easy to find. The staff is excellent......anything you need, they will make sure you get it.

Only one problem.....watch the hot water....it is HOT!! Younger children could be scalded if left unattended.

Room Tip: If you are near the highway, you may hear a little late night travel, but not much.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jason M
HITW, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Thank you for your kind comments.....We will let everyone know.....Come back and see us again real soon. We will check on the water for the future......

Mary Hodges
Director of Sales
Richmond, VA
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed here a couple of times due to a family emergency. Staff is WONDERFUL. Rooms are clean and spacious. Ask for two coffee packs if you are an in-room coffee drinker and houskeeping is a little loud in the AM. Based on staff, though, it is a total value:)

Booked at 1/2 price on Hotwire, really pleased. Close to banks, Panera, and shopping, EZ on and off 581.

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms are remodeled and big!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wallygoss
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Sort of depends on what you are looking for.... The hotel is located over in the Tanglewood area of Roanoke, which is far from the downtown area. It is right next to the Tabglewood Mall, which doesn't have much to offer. The hotel is clean, for the most part, but there are a few rust stains, etc. In general, it is a good property and it was a quiet stay. Some of the property is under renovation.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Aaron R
Tarnowskie Gory, Poland
Reviewed 21 January 2012

I was a single traveler staying only 1 night Friday to Saturday.

I booked via a bidding site and got a room for 6X Dollars. Which is the same price I got the Hyatt for in Roanoke. I am a deal hunter so don't use my prices for reference.

I've travelled the world and various different conditions of rooms and by no means have high expectations. I have paid all sorts of prices as well, so although I like a deal I am not stingy by no means.

My experience with the hotel.

- Large hotel seems way too big, tons of empty rooms very Eerie feel to the hotel.
- A hotel this large that is obviously not full has limited staff so I assume this is the reason for many things being unkept or dirty, floors had stains or were not clean. The room was OK the bathroom was 3 star quality. I would not say any higher than that.
- Staff was incredibly friendly! Willing to help and very curious
- I was upset about no breakfast, I have a Priority Club member and because it was a saturday no Breakfast was available for free, apparently it is only M-F for free breakfast which makes no sense to me but maybe to someone else.
- throughout the night I was hearing people in the halls at 2,3,4 AM granted it was a Friday I expected it to be much quieter given how the hotel seemed very empty.
- I also heard people thumping around and what sounded like someone trying to access my room with a key luckily I locked all the doors and the bolt at the top, I kept convincing myself it was the heater so I could go back to bed and not worry about what was going on.

I am a very heavy sleeper almost too heavy. I am surprised I woke up. Overall I wouldnt stay here again the pool is outside, no breakfast on saturdays it looks run down and dirty, and even with the discounted fair I would probably stay at Hyatt instead.

This is my unbiased opinion, based on my experience of 1 night of stay. I am an exprienced traveller I hope my review helps someone.

Room Tip: Dont pick first floor.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business