“Farm to table hotel restaurant!”
Review of Tavern 64

Tavern 64
Reserve with OpenTable
Tavern 64 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 168 Restaurants in Reston
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Market Street
Transit: Bluemont Way, Reston Town Center
Description: Thoughtfully prepared and hand crafted food and drink A fresh approach to field-to fork dining, Tavern 64 brings the passion and purity of regional cuisine with a modern twist that feels familiar and daring at the same time. Seasonal Menu selections are focused on familiar American classics using authentic preparations and current styling. Paying homage to the area's history (the city was founded in 1964), the tavern celebrates the culture and diversity of our "Newtown" community with hand-crafted regional cuisine inspired by nature, made from scratch and sourced locally. Tavern 64 is a place where people gather for food and fun naturally.
Reviewed 18 July 2018

Tavern64 is located in the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Reston, VA. I was staying in the hotel for a conference and it was late so I decided to try it out because of the other good reviews.

When I arrived it was fairly empty and I was seated right away. The decor is modern, sleek with very local lighting. They have a bar area and the kitchen area is open so you can see the chefs at work. I didn't know they were farm to table from local and regional places so, that was a very pleasant surprise.

I ordered the blackened rockfish tacos and the crab bisque. Both dishes tasted good and were seasoned. I would have liked for the tacos to have a little more sauce because they were a little dry. The soup is delicious! Creamy, little chunks of crab meat and just the right amount to salt. Very good!

I enjoyed the food so much I visited again my last night of the conference (or maybe I was being lazy and didn't want to venture outside of the hotel) and had the rack of lamb with sauteed mushrooms. The lamb was tasty but a little overcooked and the mushrooms were too greasy for me.

The service here is great but there were times I felt they were being too overbearing. But I guess that's not a bad thing. I don't know how much hotels are known for their restaurants but this deserves a visit if you're in the area.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

My first visit to this restaurant connected to the Hyatt Regency in the Reston Town Center was for lunch with a friend. We both ordered the same grilled fillet of salmon dish as our entree. Both of us had the same complaint--the salmon was overcooked. My friend ordered it medium and I ordered it medium rare, both were cooked medium well to well done. I also ordered a side dish of mushrooms, which was also overcooked. The salmon was approximately $28, plus my mushroom side was $4. Certainly no bargain for a casual lunch. Yes, there were sandwiches and burgers available on the lunch menu, which were priced in the mid to high teen $ range, if you were so inclined. To be honest, the service was satisfactory; however, when I pointed out that the salmon was overcooked, the server apologized, but did not offer to replace it with a properly cooked piece. The restaurant decor was also rather ho-hum...sort of sterile looking--certainly not cozy. Overall, it was a Ho-Hum lunch experience.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

During my 2-month stay in Reston I've eaten here mostly in the month of May. This place is connected to the Hyatt Regency in Reston Town Center. They have both a buffet and a la carte but I've chosen the a la carte because they seemed to have a better selection of items. I opted for their waffles which were excellent. Staff was friendly and pleasant overall to the customer's needs. Definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

Fantastic dinner and service!
Food was excellent. Our waiter was Pedro and we took his advice and ordered his favorite things, crab cakes, shrimp and grits, and the rockfish. All were cooked to perfection. A huge shout out to Pedro as well as Jorge. Haven't had that good of service in years. Can't wait to come back!

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Doesn’t look much from the outside (terrible signage) but inside it’s spacious, modern and tasteful. The food is good quality and the service is very friendly and attentive. Definitely coming here regularly.

1  Thank JayFromWellington