“Awesome Burgers, Wine, Fries & Service!!”
Review of The Capital Burger

The Capital Burger
Ranked #45 of 163 Restaurants in Reston
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 15
Description: The Capital Burger is dedicated to crafting the luxe burger experience. Located in Reston, VA's town center, The Capital Burger is open seven days a week, serving specialty and classic burgers crafted from a proprietary beef blend, paired with a world-class wine list--25+ offerings by the glass--and featuring a commitment to exceptional service and hospitality.
Reviewed 4 February 2021

I’ve been wanting to try Capital Burger for a few years now, since they opened the first location in DC and today was the day! I stopped in to the Reston Town Center location and sat at a hi-top in the bar. The bartender, Jonathan was my server and took excellent care of me. He allowed me to try a wine before buying it and made some great suggestions, which I went with. He suggested their calamari and over course, I gave it a try and I’m glad I did! It was prepared perfectly, definitely not over-cooked and it had the proper texture. The cherry peppers in it offered a great zing to the appetizer!

Their house-jarred pickle was the only disappointment… it was bland and tasted more like cucumber, as it might not have been “pickled” very long before being served. But, wow, it’s a thick cut cucumber!

Their bacon cheeseburger was OUTSTANDING! It was prepared PERFECTLY! Temperature was unbelievably PERFECT! Fries were really good too, especially seasoned in their truffle parmesan style – YUMMMM!!!!

They have a very nice wine list with plenty served by-the-glass to match burgers and to allow you to enjoy a glass with lunch. The place is nicely laid out and big enough to accommodate larger groups. I definitely look forward to returning soon!!

Date of visit: February 2021
2  Thank je1058
Write a reviewReviews (14)

Reviewed 29 November 2020

What a hidden gem Capital Burger in Reston Town Center is. Whether for lunch or dinner we always enjoy a visit to the posh, well run, restaurant. Our bar tenders were the epitome of professionalism and knowledge about the delicious craft draft beers or the high-end Don Julio "1942" Tequila we enjoyed sipping late night. Michael R. was superb during out "out by 10pm" visit. Truth be-told we had not stopped in Capital Burger in months due to the pandemic. Well shame on us. They exercised superb Covid rules and cleanliness and we appreciated the efforts the restaurant does keeping their staff and customer safe,. Well done and see you soon. Cheers.

Date of visit: November 2020
Reviewed 20 September 2020

I've been to the CB in DC a number of times and this is comparable. The quality of the burgers and other offerings is top flight, but the menu would benefit substantially by additional offerings. The ambiance is fantastic and the service is great, so the next step is expanding the menu to get locals in regularly. It's entirely doable, as the quality of everything on the menu is solid and it is a great location.

Date of visit: September 2020
2  Thank TheDeacon87
Reviewed 9 March 2020 via mobile

Another great burger place to enjoy in Reston. It was my first time trying and I did takeout and it was good. I will order from there again!!!

Date of visit: March 2020
Reviewed 11 February 2020 via mobile

I’ve been the DC Capital burger and it’s always been good. The Reston location was not up to the usual standard. The class is burger was tasty, but the truffle fries were beyond crisp, tasted like they regrows an old batch and the truffle seasoning was skimpy.

Date of visit: February 2020