“Very original concept & delicious food”
Review of Vapiano

Vapiano
Ranked #26 of 172 Restaurants in Reston
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 11 September 2018

Totally liked it and hope to visit it again soon. Nice Ravioli con carne, Chicken Alfredo, and cheesecake. The parking lot I found closer to the restaurant was at a very short walking distance.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 15 August 2018

When you arrive, they hand you a card and that's used to keep your food order and everything. You pay after you've eaten with that card where the charges are kept.
If this is your first time visiting, make sure you tell them when they give you the card as its different from other restaurants.
I got my card and immediately sat down at a table outside to wait for a server. When no one came and I saw others bringing their own food out, I went in and asked and they explained the way things went there.
So I went to the counter and swiped my card and ordered the lasagna and a large bottle of water.
Just a tip, after I ordered and was waiting for my food to be cooked, I noticed that people were taking glasses over to the water jugs placed throughout the restaurant. Apparently water is free, and I didn't know until I had ordered and already opened my water. So be it, I'll know for next time.
After about 15 minutes, my buzzer went off and I picked up my lasagna from the same counter I ordered from. I was a little surprised to not find any bread or anything accompanying the lasagna, but I surmised that it is all ala carte. Again, another lesson for next time.
All of the dishes people had looked good from soups to salads to freshly made pizza, homemade pasta, risotto, paninis and lasagna.
Everything cooked to order and seating was available where you chose to sit. Surprised, but ultimately a good place to try. I'm glad I decided on a late dinner, as I arrived at 8 pm and it was still very crowded. The lasagna was not skimpy and very filling and I enjoyed it throughly.
Next time I go back I will be prepared for the process from entering to ordering to waiting to getting a table.
I'd recommend if you are going at a busy time to find a table first and then go up in groups to order your food. I imagine finding table space at a prime time is difficult, if not impossible, and the larger the group the more difficult.
I recommend visiting this restaurant and I hope some of the tips I provided, help you when you visit.

2  Thank stefan6912
Reviewed 7 August 2018

Got good Italian pizza. Tried a couple of varieties and both were great in taste. Nice ambiance and quick service.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

The Reston Center location was incredible. The concept - they hand you a card. Each time you order something, they wave it over the machine and it registers what you got. Then you go sit down and wait for your buzzer to go off. No wait staff. We got a pizza, wine, coffee, dessert for under $25. Great food. Next time I'll order some pasta, which looked delicious. You can't go wrong here!

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stopped by Vapiano for some Happy Hour at the bar. The bar was almost empty and the bartender served us our drinks; I was having the white wine at their 2 for 1 HH price. That’s the last time the bartender showed any interest in us. A small group of business people collected at the other end of the bar and the bartenders (a second bartender joined the female bartender who served us) proceeded to work exclusively with them. At no time did either of them make an effort to check on us. When I finished my first wine, my husband flagged down the bartender who first served us and said very politely that I would like the second of my 2 for 1 wines. She nodded her head and returned to the busy end of the bar. After 15 minutes and a second attempt at communication, we realized it was pointless to wait any longer; we decided to leave Vapiano. We went up to the cashier and told her we were going to pay for the one drink I had, not the second one because it was never served. She said she was not authorized to make that change and she called for the Manager. About 7minutes later the young manager came over and offered to get the drink for us as we stood ready to leave. No, we said with growing impatience. Just charge us $4.50 instead of $9.00. He did take off the full $9.00, and we left with a disingenuous “sorry” somewhere in his comments. Here’s the bottom line. If you are a grownup looking for a grownup Happy Hour in Reston, you might want to look into your other options.