“Slow Service...But an Incredible Recovery Thanks to Rachel B. (Service Manager)”

Founding Farmers Reston Station
Reserve with OpenTable
Founding Farmers Reston Station is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 169 Restaurants in Reston
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 20
Description: Founding Farmers is now open in Reston Station, a transit-friendly development for living, eating, and shopping located on the Silver Line at the Wiehle-Reston East Metro Station. Founding Farmers Reston is a full-service restaurant and bar open seven days a week serving breakfast, lunch, dinner, and our Farmers Market Buffet Brunch on weekends. As a farmer-owned restaurant, almost all of our delicious food and drink – from our freshly baked bread and house-churned butter to our craft cocktails with our proprietary spirits – is made from scratch, using high-quality ingredients from American family farms. Our First Bake menu is also available weekday mornings for takeaway breakfast and our specialty blend of Compass Coffee. Reserve your table today!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I like Founding Farmers because they have an incredible menu (might be overly large) and great food. My service was extremely slow (15 minutes for drinks, 30 minutes for appetizers, and another 30-40 minutes for entrees). This had the makings of a catastrophe, but the INCREDIBLE SERVICE MANAGER RACHEL B. literally saved the day. She took total responsibility for the slow service and jumped right in to make things right. She showed real professionalism, hospitality, and flat-out moxie to deliver an excellent guest and dining experience.

The food was excellent, as always. If things seem to "get into the weeds," just look for Rachel and let her show you what excellent service is all about.

Sadao O, Guest Relations Manager at Founding Farmers Reston Station, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Delbert,

Wow! Kudos to our amazing Service Manager, Rachel Breslow, for a job well done! I always stress that we never want our guests to walk away from an experience feeling unsatisfied. We care a great deal about customer satisfaction and Rachel did a job well done representing what we are all about. Thank you for sharing your feedback and I sincerely hope we can have you back soon.

Warmly,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I planned to order the out of this world chicken pot pie when I asked our waiter, Brian what were his favorite choices. He told me the burgers but also the spicy fish stew. So I changed my order to the stew. It was fantastic!!! Lots of mussels and a broth that was one of the best I have ever had. We started with the stuffed dates which are plenty for two to share and my wife had again the Thanksgiving style turkey dinner which she loves . We have been a half of dozen times since it opened and have enjoyed every experience. The meat loaf is my least favorite and that is probably because my wife makes the best using Peter Luger's sauce instead of ketchup. Prices are reasonable. Choices are endless. The staff every time we have been have been top notch. They hire extremely well.

Sadao O, Guest Relations Manager at Founding Farmers Reston Station, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Wayne,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write and review Founding Farmers Reston Station. It is heartwarming to know you and your wife frequent our Reston location often and your support means a lot to us. Please know you can always count on us for a fantastic meal and great service to match! I hope we can have you back soon and thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Have had the opportunity to eat at the Founding Farmers in Reston three times and each dinner has been excellent. The servers are extremely knowledgeable about the menu and friendly. Great variety of non alcoholic beverages. Try the chicken pot pie.

Hello there,

Thank you for taking a few moments out of your day to write and review Founding Farmers Reston Station. Wow! It is amazing to hear you dined with us three times and that each visit has yielded some exceptional results! We are constantly striving to provide our guests the total package of delicious food, great drinks, and warm service - I am thrilled this is reflected in your review. I sincerely hope we can have you back soon for another yummy meal and thanks again for sharing your feedback.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

6 of us met for a birthday celebration dinner on a Monday night. We had ordered a bottle of wine and had empty glasses for over an hour before the waitress took our food order. Food took about 25 mins once ordered. Food was ok but not memorable. In fact I cant even remember what I had and its been only 6 days since I had visited. We were there for 3 hours and no dessert or appetizers were ordered. Founding Farmers will valet for 2 hours, so we had to pay for the third hour for a total of $4.75.

Hello there,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your feedback on your recent visit to Founding Farmers Reston Station. I am so sorry to hear you were met with slow service and "ok" food. It is such a bummer because you were celebrating a birthday and that none of your takeaways from your experience weren't memorable. Even worse that due to the slow service, you had to pay the extra $4.75 for parking. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and please know I will be sure to follow up with our team regarding your experience. I would love the chance to make this up to you! If you're willing to continue the conversation, please feel free to reach out to me at Sadao@farmersrestaurantgroup.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Warmly,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had dinner with friends here last night. Like the other Founding Farmers location, the food was terrific and the service was really pleasant and fun. This location has a Thomas Jefferson theme. The parking is a little awkward, but not bad - just a short walk from the restaurant. Also - big plus - this is the quietest of the the Founding Farmers locations! It still has a "bustling" sound level, but overall we were able to talk at a comfortable level. Highly recommended!

Hi John and Shirley,

Thank you for taking a few moments out of your day to write and review Founding Farmers Reston Station. Your 5-star review is most appreciated and I am thrilled you both had a great time dining with us. We can't wait to have you back soon for more and please have a great start to your week.