“Great price, Good Location”

Sheraton Reston Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Reston
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton Reston for a mid-week 3 day business trip. Here are my thoughts:

Pros:
1. Price: I received a $90 per night rate after using the "Name Your Own Price" function on priceline.com. I'd say that this hotel is probably worth $150-$225 per night given the rates in the greater DC area.

2. Internet: The Internet connection was wireless, fast and I experienced no problems. One of the worst things is when you're traveling for business and you have problems with Internet connection speeds. I was glad that was not the case.

3. Accomodations: The room was clean and was generally what you'd expect from a Sheraton.

4. Staff: Overall, the staff was friendly.

5. Location: The hotel location was very close to business meeting I was attending. This is probably not the hotel that I would use if I were going on vacation or if were traveling with kids, but it's got a great location depending on where you're meeting for business.

Cons:
1. Restaurant: The restaurant service was a little on the slow side and expensive for what you get. However, there is a Chili's within walking distance right next door to the hotel.

Overall, I'd highly recommend this hotel at the price I paid.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank JPinJupiter
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Sheraton Reston Hotel

Reviewed 29 April 2012

Do not stay there.
The common areas are dirty, my room has scratched carpet and wall paper. Rust in the bath tub. Sound Insulation of the windows: inexistent and many rooms are facing the highway= very noisy.
Smelly common areas and room. Totally unresponsive staff that keeps putting you on hold when you keep the front desk.

Room Tip: Go across the parking lot at the Westin or wait for a complete renovation of the Sheraton
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank CarlitoNYCSF
Sami_Zeitoun, General Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2012

Dear Carlito,

I sincerely apologize that our hotel did not meet your expectations on your recent trip to Reston.

The Sheraton Reston is celebrating its 40th anniversary this year. Our seasoned team is proud of the properties rich history and of being of service to this community. We are humbled by the numerous repeat guests and positive comments we receive day in and day out. However, we do recognize there is always room for improvement and service enhancements along the way and thank you for your comments.

I assure you that our number 1 goal is cleanliness and our team has a stringent cleaning and maintenance schedule in place for the comfort of our guests. In addition, to keep the property fresh, I did want to let you know that we are in the initial planning stages of a full property renovation later this year.

Again Carlito, we certainly don’t like to hear that you did not enjoy our services or facility and this will be discussed with my team. We do hope you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations on a future trip to Reston.

Sami Zeitoun

Reviewed 17 April 2012

Front desk was wonderful, kind, and friendly. Room was alot better than the first time we stayed there.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Nice hotel all around, except the hallway and my 3rd floor room, smelled like a bad Indian restaurant. It was really disappointing, because the staff was great, as was the location. unfortunately, without a renovation, I will never stay here again.

Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Had a head cold and went to the hotel sundries shop for DayQuil. They hade NyQuil but no DayQuil. The desk Manager (Jessica) said she would look in the back. She came back and said there was none in the back so she said they would go to their sister hotel and get some and that there was no need for me to take a taxi to the local drug store. She stated they would bring it to my room.
About 30 minutes later there was a knock on my door and a porter (Kurt) gave me a box of DayQuil. He wouldn't let me sign for it; nor would he take a tip. Just said to get better.
Well in all my travels, I have not had a hotel staff bend over backwards they did to accomodate a guest. Excellent, excellent service. I will go back to this hotel at any time due this excellent service

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reston
0.2 km away
2.0 km away
Hyatt House Herndon
Hyatt House Herndon
#10 of 20 in Herndon

Been to Sheraton Reston Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK