“Absolute peace and serenity!”

Inn at Kelly's Ford
Ranked #1 of 2 Remington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 October 2011

My husband and I spent a 3 day weekend here recently and had an absolutely wonderful experience. I had read some of the reviews on Tripadvisor before booking our 3 day weekend package and had almost changed my mind because some were less than flattering. I'm so glad I didn't let some of the bad reviews sway me. We enjoyed our stay very much and felt it was well worth the money spent. We have stayed in more expensive inns which didn't offer as much as this inn does. We stayed in the General Lee cottage suite. It was very tastefully decorated with sweeping panaramic views of gently rolling hills and grazing horses from the large picture window across the room from our king size four poster bed which was extremely comfy. The marble bathroom had a wonderful 2 person jacuzzi, and while the chilly floor could have used a rug, that was a very small and easily fixed detail. I brought socks! There was a deck off the suite which we will enjoy on our next stay as the weather was a bit rainy and a huge stone fireplace which we also plan to enjoy if we come during cooler weather in the future. We also made use of the wonderful heated swimming pool and watched a wedding taking place in the distance from the steamy hot tub. Pelham's Pub was lots of fun, had great food and drinks, entertainment 2 nights we were there, extremely attentive and some of the hardest working bartenders I've run across. Even made some good friends there! We took advantage of the equestrian center as an activity was included in our package. We decided to go on a guided trail ride. We had a very experienced guide which was a good thing as we are novice riders and she took complete control when my horse starting acting up. Our guide very patiently took my reins and led my horse the rest of the way while keeping both horses under control and me from panicking. I'm very grateful to her! When the weather cleared just before the end of our stay, we took a short canoe trip down the Rappahannock river. It was so lovely and serene! When we were finished, we sat at one of the picnic areas arranged at the end of each canoe run and enjoyed the peaceful surroundings until we were picked up from the equestrian center who handles all the recreational activities. The night of our anniversary we had dinner in the dining room. It was a rainy sunday night and we were the only people having dinner that night so enjoyed the intimacy of having the whole place to ourselves, although we would have enjoyed having other diners there as well. We ordered the crab stuffed chicken which was excellent and very tasty. About the only criticism I could find with this place was with the breakfast which is included with your stay and can be served in your suite or in the dining room and we chose to have both. While my husband enjoyed his omelet very much, I had pancakes one morning which were cold and hard and seemed to come from a box as well as a fruit cup that came from a can. My belgian waffles the next morning were similar, but again my husband ordered eggs which were cooked to order. The last morning I orderd french toast which was fresh and hot and a fruit cup that actually had fresh fruit in it. All in all, though this was the only thing I could find wrong in an amazing weekend that I didn't want to end. There is much to do in the area too. We went to Culpeper and love it's quaint shops and terrific restaurants. There are also several decent wineries in the area for those who enjoy a good glass of wine. We did have to sign a form stating we would be responsible for any damages to their property, but I don't think that's unreasonable when they also rent out entire houses where it could be likely that things could get broken. There should also be clearer communication between the equestrian center and the main house as we didn't get much of an explanation when we arrived as to what activities we could take advantage of with our 3 day package, and the equestrian center didn't seem to understand that an activity was part of our package, but that was quickly cleared up and they were very attentive and pleasant to us as was every staff member at the Inn. The Inn at Kelly's Ford is now at the top of our list of Inns we will be frequenting for years to come. This is the place to come if you are looking for beautiful country accommodations, a place to unwind and find peaceful surroundings as well as lots of outdoor activities, good food and great service!

Room Tip: Loved the General Lee suite!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 8 September 2011

Owner and manger " Linda" is a complete drunk with aggressive behavior ! Noises into the night of drunken behavior . AC was not on , food was awful , and they were out of coffee. NEVER AGAIN ! Too much money for such poor quality , and to sit and see the owners boozing it up at the pub and treating guests the way they did I was shocked . I had to sign papers saying I would pay for anything that got broken or damaged , not that the things were that nice in the first place ... next time my husband and I will camp haha.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 487Mike
Reviewed 23 August 2011

I spent my wedding day and night at the Inn. My wedding went off without a hitch. The horse drawn carriage was absolutely PERFECT and the gazebos were the perfect place for my wedding. All of the guests (it was a small wedding, 18 guests) commented on how beautiful our wedding was. The weather cooperated greatly, and everything the Inn provided was PERFECT. I could never ask for a better wedding. I will never forget it for the rest of my life.

My husband and I spent the night in one of the cottages on the property and we had a great time. After our reception, we went to the pub to meet up with friends who couldn't attend our reception and they treated us like royalty. The bartenders and waitresses were extremely attentive and accommodating. Afterwards, we retired to our room, and when we awoke, we had our room service that we had ordered the night before. The eggs Benedict was perfect, as were the mimosas that we got, and the hash browns.
Can't even talk enough about how CLEAN the rooms are! Not just the rooms, but the 'outhouses' that were near our wedding party were extremely clean, and so was the Pub! Nothing makes me happier than seeing an entire property proud enough to take care of itself..

I highly recommend this Inn if you love being in the middle of nowhere with hardly any noise, don't go during a very BUSY time (I hear Valentine's can be a bit chaotic) , love horses, and love trees. I will never forget my wedding here and the entire staff that helped make my special day EXTRA special! Very nice time for a very recently married couple or a couple who likes to be by themselves to have quality time to spend with each other, good company of the hosts, and good food. :) Will definitely be back within the next year. Perhaps on our first anniversary?!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LStump
Reviewed 27 June 2011

My husband and I had our wedding ceremony and reception at Kelly's Ford on June 11th and the only word that could possibly describe our experience is PERFECT. The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. Even the owner Linda was there and did what she could to ensure that it was everything my husband and I wanted. It unfortunately did rain but the coordinator who was with me, James, was very considerate and was willing to make some last minute adjustments to our original rain plan. Despite some minor changes the ceremony itself was beautiful. The horse and carriage, although a little bumpy was great and everyone loved it. I got numerous compliments about everything from the food to the location. The room, the general Lee suite, was luxurious and very clean, while the breakfast the next morning was delicious, hot, and on time. I have to say that all in all the Inn at Kelly's Ford is a gem. A picturesque landscape that is hard to come by now a days and for a price that just cannot be beat.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 13 June 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at the Inn at Kelly's Ford and it was a glorious weekend getaway! We stayed in the General Jackson's cottage and it is gorgeous! Their pool and hot tub were wonderful as well as the equestrian center. We made reservations for a 12noon trail ride and everything was ready when we arrived at the equestrian center, as well as our guide. Upon our arrival back at the barn, we then booked some tubes to go out on the river, which is a long ride, but relaxing. We opted to dine in Pelham's Pub vs. the dining room and we were not disappointed at all in either the food or the drinks. Would highly recommend for a relaxing getaway!!

Room Tip: We loved the General Jackson cottage
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kbzmsw
Also consider these accommodations in or near Remington
20.7 km away
32.2 km away
Inn at Meander Plantation
Inn at Meander Plantation
#1 of 2 in Locust Dale

Been to Inn at Kelly's Ford? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK