“Delicious food”
Review of WK Hearth

WK Hearth
Reserve with OpenTable
WK Hearth is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 46 Restaurants in Purcellville
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The WK Hearth is an Italian style restaurant that offers country hospitality in our centuries old farmhouse. We are dedicated to using local, seasonal ingredients to create an Italian inspired menu.
Reviewed 1 May 2017

Six of us enjoyed dinner after an afternoon at several wineries.Among our selections were the pork chop, the filet, the tip steak, and a blackened crab cake. There were no complaints at all - the meats were cooked to order and the sides were good. Desserts were out of this world. The only downsides were the stale buttermilk crackers and the prices which I thought were overpriced.
Service was impeccable - stellar in fact. The owner came by to thank us, which was a very nice touch. Good wine, beer, cocktail selection, but again price-y

1  Thank Betty A

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

It's always nice to find a restaurant that believes in handcrafting their food to be interesting and tasty to a wide variety of palettes. We start with the warm Brussel Sprout salad and it did not disappoint. I think my husband's tri tip steak was a bit better than my rock fish but that didn't stop me from cleaning my plate! The drink orders (beer, wine flight) came with info sheets that were silly, fanciful descriptions of their characteristics. Yuummmm

1  Thank melbob2015
Reviewed 13 March 2017

A great little spot for date night!

My husband and I come here often to enjoy a glass or two of fine wine with their fantastic farm-to-fork menu options. I highly recommend their sparkling flight (I love bubbles!) and always like to see what local wine offerings they have on hand.

If you are looking for a local spot to add to your list, WK Hearth is it. We will be back soon! (And if you are lucky to visit when Cara is working, she's a delight!)

2  Thank GoldenGirl36
Reviewed 21 February 2017

I waffled between giving a 3 or 4.

Food quality: 4 to 4.5. Service: 3. Ambiance 2. Value: 2. So averaging it all out, and the fact the food was much better than expected, they get a "Purcellville" 4. If there were more quality eateries in town, I'd have given them a 3.

We sat upstairs. The seating is a bit cramped, but much better than the bar area on the first floor. The 2nd floor also has a small separate room for private events.

The ambiance and decor are eclectic enough to defy categorization. Early American farm house meets the Re-Store?

Wait staff was friendly, but a bit less attentive than they should be. I have no complaints about the quality or preparation of the food; my only negative about the food is the of the price. It is a bit much for what it is. They have a good selection of wines at varying price points, which one would hope for at a "wine" kitchen!

Reviewed 23 January 2017

As non of us (4) had been to the WK in Purcellville we decided to give it a try on a Saturday night. It wasn't overly busy upon arrival and our table was waiting for us. I was warned "eat lots of bread" by some people I had asked their opinion on, I can see why! I ordered the Pastrami Style Short Rib which was very tasty. My husband had the special - Clams Carbonara which was a bit dry but he didn't complain. Our friends ordered the Filet and Scallop dish. Both had to be sent back for under cooking. The scallop plate was tiny maybe 3-4 scallops on the plate and a smear of whatever vegetable came with it. No doubt she was still hungry even for a women's appetite. We did order dessert both parties chose the Whiskey Apple Beigne. Unfortunately they were drenched in oil (pools on the plate) though the idea was great. Overall, can't say l wasn't impressed. With all the fabulous restaurants within a short distance this one doesn't chalk up to be a 2nd visit.