“Okay”

Smoking Willy
Ranked #5 of 45 Restaurants in Purcellville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

I had picked up a brochure for the restaurant when I went to Doukenie Winery and have been meaning to go there. So I based a trip to the area on the intent of having lunch here. I called in my to-go order without issue and it was ready when I arrived. I got the full smoked turkey platter with garlic mashed potatoes and pinto beans. When I got home, I was sad to discover that they had given me no cornbread. The potatoes were very heavy and the beans were a touch bland. The smoked turkey was perfectly and the sweet BBQ was much better that the tangy sauce. I think they need to work a little on their sides.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Smoking Willy

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Pulled pork and brisket tacos are juicy and tender. The shell is packed to the rim. Flavorful potato salad.

Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

I had the pulled pork and it was excellent, tender, moist and cooked perfectly. The sauces were average to above average. Cole slaw had no flavor except for the cabbage, I suppose. The lunch came with yesterday's corn bread, at least put it under a heat lamp, it was cold soggy. Service was.......it was just my server, other tables got better service. I give it a 4 because the pulled pork is legit. The rest could just be a bad day.

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Had mixed grill w/shrimp, side salad.
Very well prepared, ample portions and reasonably priced. Waitress was Olivia- very attentive and very pleasant. Only negative was that it got a little noisy because of the crowds but that is actually a good thing for the owners. Will definitely return.

Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

A bit disappointed. Went there for lunch. Very few people were there. Atmosphere was a bit on the somber side. Had pulled brisket sandwich. Portion was not overwhelming and a bit on dry side. Cole slaw did not taste fresh. When ever this happens I always wonder if the lack of a crowd or turnover causes the foods to stand to long. Waitress was friendly, but seemed bored due to the lack of tables to serve. Maybe there is more of a dinner crowd and lunch just isn't their niche. I hope do for their sake, as i think Purcellville needs good family restaurants.