“Even Better Than We Had Hoped”
Review of Still

Still
Ranked #1 of 215 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 October 2018

Three of my colleagues and I visited Still for dinner on a Tuesday evening. Wow! What a positive experience from start to finish. Still has five or six separate smaller dining spaces that I counted. We were seated in a cozy room with about five tables. We had the room to ourselves for a good three hours. Our server was Kristi (not sure of the spelling). Kristi was the best with her knowledge of the beers, cocktails, and food menu. She was spot on with every recommendation. Her sense of humor was epic. Any establishment would be lucky to have her.
We started with beers and cocktails. I tried a porter which was good and heavy. My colleagues enjoyed various cocktails with vodka, gin, and whiskey bases. Still has a large menu of specialty cocktails. I tried a Still Cosmo. It was made with blueberry vodka. A little sweet for me but enjoyable. I also tried a double GG with club soda. Very generous serving.
We ate for two solid hours. Since Still serves tapas style food, we were able to sample a number of plates. We started with the bread and butter because both are homemade. The cheese plate came next which included four different cheeses, cured meat, pickles, and crackers. We had to sample the tots wrapped in bacon. The tots were followed up with the mixed game sausage which included bison, duck, and venison in three unique sausages. All were excellent.
We continued with duck tacos. I didn’t try them but my colleagues raved. The Korean beef short rib lettuce wraps followed. They were my favorite. We tried the Mac and cheese which was tasty. The lump crab cake was awesome as was the blackened tuna.
For dessert, we enjoyed coffee and shared the key lime pie and chocolate brownie with marshmallow brûlée’s and cinnamon gelato. Again, WOW!
As far as food quality, service, and atmosphere goes, Still hit it out of the park in all three categories. Best experience in a long time.

Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

Ordered drink, salad and two different fish dishes. Salad arrived first. Then drink. Then silverware (I ate at the bar). Then shortly thereafter (before I had finished a quarter of the salad) the two fish dishes arrived. They were look warm. Overly sauced and overly salted. Not to mention overly priced.

Reviewed 21 September 2018

One of the best places to dine in all of Hampton Roads. We lived in VA Beach for about 3 yrs and we visited Still as often as we could. Food is exceptional and atmosphere in the old ‘grotto’ like basement dining room is great. Miss this place a lot!

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

We read how good Still was so we were able to sit at their neat bar last night Megan and Crystal took very good care of us. We had the Blackened Tuna-wow, asparagus fries and the sauce was killer, tater tots-very good and then Duck Tacos-excellent. Finished with the Brownie Sundae which was very good Great experience and very reasonably price, Highly recommend

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

You probably wouldn’t enter this restaurant with a hole-in-the-wall entrance without a recommendation - we have visited the Still 3 times now and each and every time we would give 5+ points. They call their place „Still Worldly Eclectic Tapas“, but some of their dishes taste like out of this world: small „Tapas“ dishes perfectly prepared and perfect to share if you order 2 or 3 each, like e.g. Tater Tots, Spinach Salad, Shrimp and Grit etc. The menu varied each time a little so you could visit this place a dozen times without eating the same dish. Drinks were perfect, impressive selection of wine, local and other beers, and Whiskey /Whisky from the long bar. But above all this place is about fresh, creative and tasty food!